Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, lets start off with the basics.
I have a 2003 Mazda 6S automatic (manumatic or whatever they call it)
It has an Injen CAI with the CP-E mass airflow customizer (to stop CEL'S)
and a cat back Magnaflow Exhaust

The problem is this. the car will shut off for no real reason. it happens mostly when i hit a nice dip in the road, or turn a hard corner. It also happen more often when the car has been driven for a longer time period, like over a 1/2hr in city type traffic.

I have no earthly idea what could be causing it, i took it to the local deaership where i bought it and they can not seem to figure it out. They say they may have fixed it, but whatever they did stopped it from happening as much on smaller bumps where it was happening before, but it still does it.
They tell me the only solution for them would be to take off the CAI and CP-E MAC and turn it to stock so they can get an accurate reading on their diagnostic machines. My only problem with that is that if they remove the CP-E unit, i have no instructions on how to re-install it if they find the problem and it has nothing to do with the CAI and it's parts. I can easily reinstall the CAI, but without the CP-E unit the check engine light will stay on all the time.

Anyone ever heard of a problem like this one, and what may be causing it. Worst case, i will let the dealer do what they need and turn it back to stock. But then i'm out $500 plus the repair costs. Because it is very dangerous to have your car shut off while driving down the road. I have to jam it in Neutral, start it back up then jam it back into drive before i get slammed. Plus i have to U-turn across a 2 lane highway every night to get to my house and if it shuts off there i'm toast!

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Throttle body.
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=4026

Unfortuantly the dealers will do everything BUT replace the throttlebody. Its a very aggravating process. You can tell them to replace the TB non stop till their blue in the face, and it won't help.

Eventually they'll replace it though, all the problems will cease.

You can try telling them to call their local QMD Service manager, or mazda rep...maybe they'll at least "mention" the throttlebody and speed up the process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing