Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a few rumoured threads but no confirmation on OBX stainless steel headers.

I now see them on ebay for $350
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-SS-EXHA...sspagenameZWDVW

and on OBX website for $269.00

http://www.obxracingsports.com/products.php?pk=762

Looks pretty decent for the price point. Just fyi in case it wasn't posted before...

Here was a post on the rumoured v6 headers a few months back:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=969049

Almost looks like it bolts up to the stock y-pipe.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
it probably does bolt to the stock y pipe.. i cant say i like the large bends on the system though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I gotta say it - a company w/ "SHIT IS GOOD" in their logo cant be that bad...... :yesnod: Wonder if it's on the coporate letterhead...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Definitely bolts up to the stock y-pipe, looks like a good design. Everyone's complaints about OBX products are that they have crappy welds. A practical non-issue. As soon as the first one breaks, just have the rest of them reinforced..

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
do you guys think this would have as much gains as msds?? and does it look like it fits the 06+ models? i never look under my car... if it does im definitely getting them in a few months

·
Registered
275 Posts
what are they planning to do about the alternator?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I am moving from 1 apartment to another, so I need to make sure I don't have any unexpected costs. Once that is taken care of, then i'll buy the headers.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have to put any big spending on my 6 on hold for a little while :(. Fiance's cat needs surgery and she has to get a dress for a wedding she's in so I can't be like "hey I'm spending 300 bucks on headers right now for my car" lol. If I switch jobs I'll get these though, I'd really love to get the OBX and MSDS headers then have an exhaust shop do the rest of the exhaust work that would bolt up to both and test both. That'd be a sweet side-to-side comparison if I could do it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well, they have a lifetime warranty by OBX, so if one cracks, then my guess is have your stock ones ready to go so you can remove, replace. Now the question is, CEL. MSDS offers it in their package, and duh, CP-E does as well.........

I'd say it's just nice to finally see some parts coming around to us V6 guys, I can't wait to go up and up with the Speed6 guys.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
There might be a problem though. The whole single sided Cat dilemma. They stock Y-pipe has the cat for the rear bank built into it, and the OBX headers do not include a cat for the front. So here we go with modifying the y-pipe again. Why couldn't they just finish the y-pipe and charge an extra $50? God damn it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i got a email back from them which was responded to me pretty quick i asked if there is any modifications needed they said no and that the y pipe is included.......
Hi,

Is a complete header system, which also includes the "Y" pipe as well, which will bolt-up to the cat.

This is a complete bolt-on kit, which will not require any welding or modification.

Thank you

Dave-OBX[/b]

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Oh thank god. Now I can't wait to get these.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts