Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or know anyone who have used this setup? I know the older 6's have used them, but just saw that they offer a header and cat-back exhaust kit for the GJ Mazda 6. Did a quick search and just saw the older 6's.

Here are the links for each product:
Cat-Back Exhaust: OBX Catback Exhaust For 2014 2015 2016 2017 Mazda 6 2.0L 2.5L

Header: OBX S/S Long Tube Header For 2014-19 Mazda3 Mazda 6 Axela Skyactiv-G 2.5L PY-VPS

They are priced very competitively at $499.99 each with free shipping.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: TechMaster6

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not an expert, but that collector looks like shit, not sure itll flow any better than the stock header which is pretty well tuned.
Yeah, that header does look pretty bad. The exhaust looks good though.

Reactions: TalonTsi90

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has anyone used or know anyone who have used this setup? I know the older 6's have used them, but just saw that they offer a header and cat-back exhaust kit for the GJ Mazda 6. Did a quick search and just saw the older 6's.

Here are the links for each product:
Cat-Back Exhaust: OBX Catback Exhaust For 2014 2015 2016 2017 Mazda 6 2.0L 2.5L

Header: OBX S/S Long Tube Header For 2014-19 Mazda3 Mazda 6 Axela Skyactiv-G 2.5L PY-VPS

They are priced very competitively at $499.99 each with free shipping.

What do you guys think?
I just purchased the exhaust, it will be installed tomorrow. I'll let you know if it's worth it.

Reactions: fernando8877

·
Registered
54 Posts
I purchased this car literally a month ago on August 28th😂, changed the oil, spark plugs, OVTUNE on my first tune, second revision will be fun with the current changes made!

Attachments

Reactions: TalonTsi90

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased this car literally a month ago on August 28th😂, changed the oil, spark plugs, OVTUNE on my first tune, second revision will be fun with the current changes made!
Off topic but how did you get your OVT done? I thought they discontinued the support for Mazdas

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
328 Posts
Would love to see someone install these headers and hit the dyno, want to see proof that it helps.
If so, I think I'll have to do this :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Would love to see someone install these headers and hit the dyno, want to see proof that it helps.
If so, I think I'll have to do this :)
I've already done the research it's not worth it. The stock header is tuned amazing the only improvement that could be made is gutting the pre-cat. There are 3 companies that make them OBX, Cork,(Manual only) and RES. I can tell you the pros & cons of each brand if you'd like.

OXB
Pros: Cheapest
Cons: 4-2-1 design is better

Cork
Pros: Midrange power
Cons: only for manual gearbox & scavenging is decreased at higher RPM. It only gains Midrange because it has no cat.

RES
Pros: Looks stockish
Cons: uneven tubing could damage engine

·
Registered
54 Posts
Update 😛 sounds better than I could have imagined! Exceeded my expectations. No drone when cruising, sound almost as quiet as stock under no load. Literally perfect. I'll upload the before & after on YouTube tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn, that looks pretty good. I think I might get this over the Corksport one and use the extra money on a CAI. As for a tune, might have to use my local tuner Vivid Racing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damn, that looks pretty good. I think I might get this over the Corksport one and use the extra money on a CAI. As for a tune, might have to use my local tuner Vivid Racing.
Don't bother with the CAI 😂 use that money maintenance stuff like spark plugs & oil

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
328 Posts
The only intake that is better than stock, IMO, is the Injen CAI. It improves power in all RPM ranges and sounds amazing.

Reactions: fernando8877

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wasn't liking the short ram, but I did like the Injen CAI. It should all tie in well with a proper tune.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The only intake that is better than stock, IMO, is the Injen CAI. It improves power in all RPM ranges and sounds amazing.
You know what, I'm going to take your word for it! The only problem is it says it doesn't fit cars with the I-eloop system 😭
I'll have to spend my $200 somewhere else

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
328 Posts
You know what, I'm going to take your word for it! The only problem is it says it doesn't fit cars with the I-eloop system 😭
I'll have to spend my $200 somewhere else
Oh, I didn't realize that. If the I-eloop stuff takes of space around the intake it may conflict...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh, I didn't realize that. If the I-eloop stuff takes of space around the intake it may conflict...
Yeah I think the capacitor sit in the whole where the intake is supposed to go down into

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don’t see the OBX as an option anymore? Question, what’s the purpose of the second Cat if the 02sensor is placed upstream from it?? Corksport says no cels if deleted.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don’t see the OBX as an option anymore? Question, what’s the purpose of the second Cat if the 02sensor is placed upstream from it?? Corksport says no cels if deleted.
It will still lower emissions from the exhaust

1 - 20 of 21 Posts