1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
275 Posts
I personally think that the exhaust doesn't look all that great but that's just me. The sound is alright (I've just heard it on youtube). I would spend a little more or get a used racing beat exhaust.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I personally think that the exhaust doesn't look all that great but that's just me. The sound is alright (I've just heard it on youtube). I would spend a little more or get a used racing beat exhaust.
The Racing Beat does have a little bit better finish than the OBX, but when mounted, you can hardly tell the difference between the Racing Beat and the OBX.

Corrosion is not an issue for me. No salt on the roads. They don't even plow the snow on the roads here. They throw a little dirt on the bridges, call it sand, and that's it. So I can't tell you how well the unplated welds will hold up.

I've had a few comments about how much some like my Racing Beat exhaust. I don't lie about it. If they ask me directly if it's an RB I'll tell them, "Nahh, it's an OBX." I just don't correct them when they assume it's a Racing Beat.

The sound? I personally like the sound better than the Magnaflow. But that's subjective. It doesn't have a reverb problem. In fact at freeway speeds it's very quiet. I can cruise by the same cop that's stopping every fart can equipped Accord and Civic without a second glance. Just click to 6th and roll by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts