Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see on my OBD2 software that the Throttle is open at 17.3 % at idel, is this correct ? I check the peddle is not preset and the throttle is closed against the stop "positioner"

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
I see on my OBD2 software that the Throttle is open at 17.3 % at idel, is this correct ? I check the peddle is not preset and the throttle is closed against the stop "positioner"
Well if Throttle position is at 17.3%, what is the accelerator position at? Also, you should be concerned with RPM's at idle rather then the throttle position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well if Throttle position is at 17.3%, what is the accelerator position at? Also, you should be concerned with RPM's at idle rather then the throttle position.
The idle rpm is ok at about 600 to 700 rpm and the accelerator posision is aal the way back so that the cable have play under the hood at the throtle body... There is nothing wrong with my car, i was just wondering if it must not be at (or near) 0%. If i press the pedele max douwn it reads about 95% at full open.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
The idle rpm is ok at about 600 to 700 rpm and the accelerator posision is aal the way back so that the cable have play under the hood at the throtle body... There is nothing wrong with my car, i was just wondering if it must not be at (or near) 0%. If i press the pedele max douwn it reads about 95% at full open.

My apologizes, as the engine options here in the state are all Fly by wire throttle bodies, not cable driven. If the idle is fine then the position is correct for idle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My apologizes, as the engine options here in the state are all Fly by wire throttle bodies, not cable driven. If the idle is fine then the position is correct for idle.
No problemo. TX for your time to answer me. Yes my car is fine, but it seems strange to me that the throttle "close" at 17,3%.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problemo, tx for your time to try and help me, Yes my car is fine, it just seems strange that the throttle "close" at 17,3 %...:huh:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I get the same, 18% at idle,93% wot. The other thing i get is bank 1 o2 sensor and bank 2?
Its the 2.3litre, the bank 2 appears to be the correct measurement, not sure what 1 is measuring.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
It's fairly normal for these to be set up that way so the PCM can detect a faulted (open or shorted) sender as opposed to the pedal being in a commanded "no throttle" or "wot" position. As long as idle speed is where it's supposed to be all is well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts