Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
lol

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Unfortunately these guys are right, these things will probably end up hurting your car more than anything.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
^^^this is a scam, simple.
If you want a real tune, talk to TheGreatNY

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think he was agreeing with you.
Agreeing to an extent, is how I read it......my guess is 6Y MAZDA has personal experience with work done by TheGreatNY and no personal experience with OVT so only recommending the one he is familiar with?? Either way, I can't imagine buying something like this.....the benefit with a real tune is the personalization of it & a one size fits all "chip" is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I probably just read it the wrong way. We've had our share of hateful comments at us by Supporters of twisted tuning (the great NY), and some of our cutomers lash out at Twisted tuning... but the funny thing is me and justin (twisted tuning lead tuner) have no problem with eachother and have shared data back and forth

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Looking for a tune for 05' 3.0 . Do you guys recommended bying a predetermined 'chip' or a professional dyno tune?
The "chips" are nothing but a scam. They dont work, period.

If you want a real, proper tune hit up OVT or Twisted Tuning. Its not necessary to be on a dyno to get get a proper tune.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
I probably just read it the wrong way. We've had our share of hateful comments at us by Supporters of twisted tuning (the great NY), and some of our cutomers lash out at Twisted tuning... but the funny thing is me and justin (twisted tuning lead tuner) have no problem with eachother and have shared data back and forth
That's because Justin is a really great guy and does everything he can to support this community that he loves. :)

Unfortunately, like many passionate groups, there are those who would seek the belittlement of their "rivals" or anyone who does not agree with their ideals.

This all being said, the thread has gotten way off topic here.

6Y was agreeing with you, OVT - I've known him long enough on these boards to know when he's trying to get a rise out of someone.
@crazymaster, those tunes that you posted are scams, that's it. There are only a couple people in the world who know how to properly tune our cars, and the team at Twisted Tuning has most of them.

Closing the thread before it gets any further out-of-hand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
Byakuya
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing