Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
well when i get these o2 sensors im gonna hook them up exactly as i see it here in thos pictures and from what aj says. im not gonna splice em im gonna use the extensions so then i know everything is getting a good connection and everything is correct...

Discussion starter · #43 ·
yeah dont splice it. i think that may be screwing with the readings on the o2 sensors since everyone is using diff gauge wire it has to make some type of diff u know?

CP-E recommended 20 gauge, 3/8 wire loom if you were going to extend them yourself. If you didn't you that, there is always a chance in getting incorrect readings due to different resistance in the wire.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
yeah i had 16 gauge wire for my extensions which may of been the problem. If the extensions from cp-e still throw cels then im just gonna have to get 2 mil eliminators for the downstream sensors and then call it a day lol.

I used the extensions CP-E sent, I had to swap the connector from the O2 sensor with one end of the extension.

Let's say the connector on the O2 is male. Swap that connector with the male connector on the wire extension. The O2 sensor can now plug into the female side of the wire extension, and the male end of the extension (which came off the O2 sensor) can plug into the factory connector on the engine.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
and you havent gotten any cels at all aj? how many miles have u had this setup.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
yeah thing is i was fine for like 4 thousand miles then all of a sudden i get the cat efficiency error i was like eh..... lol

I cleared my recent CELs and they haven't come back in 2 days of light driving.

The j-bungs have helped me and my CAT efficiency. I'm on a California car as well...so, I'm wondering if that has any effect. I know I saw one place that had listed the o2's for 3 to have a different CA part number and EPA part number. Didn't see that for the 6s.

In anycase...I'm gonna drive down to CP-E in a week or so...to have them recheck the system.

Thanks for the 02 picks and arrows. That helps a ton. I'm at work right now, will verify the connects when I get to my hotel.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
almost acting like a non fowler. It brings the o2 sensor out of the direct flow of exhaust so its less sensitive to changes in the cat efficiency so u dont get a cel.

ALso one more thing im sure with everyones cats dying that the chips and junk that was shot out hte back of your exhaust from the cats, im sure thats not good for your o2 sensors either.. possible thats why we are getting the cels too? who knows could be a combination of the splicing with incorrect gauge wire and the bad cats could of affected it also.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
no clue bro. E mail cp-e about the j bungs.

Yea...I'm not sure of the brand or part number, but they did come out of a blister-pack. So, they're commercially available.

I'm sure if you email CP-E they'll respond. They're pretty quick about that stuff.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
sqanerd didnt you get your car tuned with the headers? IF the tune is good u think you could send it to me i wanted to try it out :)

sqanerd didnt you get your car tuned with the headers? IF the tune is good u think you could send it to me i wanted to try it out :)
[/b]
by the way, remember this?
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about4976.html

did you ever get to dyno to see how yer doing? hopefully yer over 200 or at the very minimum in the 190's.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
No i havent dynod yet. I hope to get that done soon im waiting on my friends supercharger for his s2000 so we can both go at the same time to get it tuned.

I was at 192hp on a dyno...my results are on the dyno page. 6s ATX.

Since then I got rid of tunable MAFci. Sold it to DBEARS. Took his Injen fix and installed an Injen Intake...to be more CARB compliant. ;)

So...I don't have any tunes :(

Discussion starter · #60 ·
AJ i have a quick question for you. Which o2 sensors reach without the extensions and which ones need the extensions?

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.