Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doin an a/f gauge now. im unsure what wire is the signal wire. anyone have a diagram or konw what wire i need to tap into? thnx for your help

·
Registered
32 Posts
typically you can't just tap. Besides most stock o2 sensors are narrow band, could be different on the 6 but I doub it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The one on top by the turbo is a 5 wire wideband O2 sensor. I'm not sure that anyone here knows which wires do what.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the direction that came with the gauge said just to tap into the wire.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a reason they use heavily shielded wires to the 02 sensor. I have seen narrow bands that want you to tap into the ecu wire that gets the signal from the 02 sensor, but never one that told you to tap by the sensor itself.
[/b]

no not by the sensor. it says to tap further up by the wire harrness. I just realised anyway. My gauge wont work with a wide band. :( when cpe come out with there down pipe is it possible to put an extra bung and put in a narrow band o2 sensor? or is it too much work and i should just forget about it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
no not by the sensor. it says to tap further up by the wire harrness. I just realised anyway. My gauge wont work with a wide band. :( when cpe come out with there down pipe is it possible to put an extra bung and put in a narrow band o2 sensor? or is it too much work and i should just forget about it.
[/b]

IF CPE was smart they would put a bung in there that can be used for a wideband o2...but who knows wtf they are doing

If they don't put a bung there simply take it to an experienced shop and have one welded in.

·
Registered
998 Posts
[/b]

Why do you want to put a narrowband a/f gauge in your car?

You do realize this gauge does nothing but give you a light show that doesn't help one bit with tuning?

To each their own I guess.

jason

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lights are pretty. :D i gave up on it and im gonna find another one ot put into its place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts