Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got Wagner's header's put in my V6 and we had trouble removing one of the sensors. Come to find out it was stripped from the factory!!

No big deal, I'll just go over to Napa and get a quick replacement...

Guess what? They sell them, but don't expect it to work right in the 6. I talked to a good mechanic friend who knows the 6 inside and out, and he said their sensors are proprietary and non-OEM part wouldn't correctly talk to the computer. So If you don't care about a CEL then Napa sells them for half the price. Otherwise, save your money and get them from Mazda for $112.

[edit - non-oem vs oem]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Originally posted by toadkicker@Nov 14 2005, 10:50 AM
So I just got Wagner's header's put in my V6 and we had trouble removing one of the sensors. Come to find out it was stripped from the factory!!

No big deal, I'll just go over to Napa and get a quick replacement...

Guess what? They sell them, but don't expect it to work right in the 6. I talked to a good mechanic friend who knows the 6 inside and out, and he said their sensors are proprietary and no OEM part would correctly talk to the computer. So If you don't care about a CEL then Napa sells them for half the price. Otherwise, save your money and get them from Mazda for $112.
[snapback]556929[/snapback]​
To clarify, OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. If the part doesn't work like the one Mazda sells it's not OEM.

Perhaps you meant to say that no non-OEM part would work or only OEM parts would work correctly.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
$112 for both? I was installing my Wagner header and ended up stripping my o2 sensor as well! :irate: So I need to purchase a new one. I used the o2 socket and removed one of them, but the other one stripped. It is amazing how hard these things are to remove.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Blue Solrac@Nov 14 2005, 10:37 PM
$112 for both? I was installing my Wagner header and ended up stripping my o2 sensor as well!  :irate: So I need to purchase a new one. I used the o2 socket and removed one of them, but the other one stripped. It is amazing how hard these things are to remove.
[snapback]557772[/snapback]​
No dude, 112 EACH! The universal I got from NAPA was 65 bucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
toadkicker
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing