Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an updated ETA for the O2 sensor extensions for V6 headers? Last I heard, they were expected any day, but that was at the end of August. I haven't seen any discussions about them lately, but maybe I missed it. Any additional info you can provide would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Is there an updated ETA for the O2 sensor extensions for V6 headers? Last I heard, they were expected any day, but that was at the end of August. I haven't seen any discussions about them lately, but maybe I missed it. Any additional info you can provide would be much appreciated. Thank you.
[/b]

Believe it or not, we're still waiting on them! We call them almost on a daily basis asking for updates, and we get very little information in return.

We're probably as motivated as you are (if not more) since we really want to sell those headers. We haven't sold any since the last batch, and we're just basically waiting on the connectors. When we get more info, or get some in, I'll update this post.

Jordan

·
Registered
297 Posts
So what's the deal?...just tell us the truth...first you said it got lost during shipment- that's like a month ago or so...it's taking almost half a year for the O2 sensor to come to us...I apologize for the impatience but c'mon it's been almost 6 months now...

·
Registered
886 Posts
So what's the deal?...just tell us the truth...first you said it got lost during shipment- that's like a month ago or so...it's taking almost half a year for the O2 sensor to come to us...I apologize for the impatience but c'mon it's been almost 6 months now...
[/b]

Again, we're very sorry for the delay, and we have absolutely no control over what's happening. We've had to hold all sales on our headers because we can't get those extensions. So please don't think that we gain anything by keeping the extensions from you. You may be losing patience waiting for them, but we're losing money. We're just as upset as you are.

We've been pulling our hair out over this problem, and we think we figured out a work-around. If you'd like to hear all the details, Josh asked me to have you give him a call directly and he'll explain what's happening. The final word is that we could have them shipping next week.

Jordan

·
Registered
742 Posts
Excellent! I have already paid for the new extensions when I ordered the rest of the parts for my header install that the previous owner didn't give me.

Feel free to ship them with the engine mount I sent back for the repair as well. Unless that's gonna take another month???

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
WOOT WOOT! let's just hope that nothing goes wrong AGAIN! A $1300+ performance part sitting in my living room is the BEST home decor to me lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
We've been dealing with three different companies trying to get these extensions, and Josh thinks he found a solution. Josh just told me me that we are getting sample O2 extensions in this week. We're going to try them, make sure they don't set any CEL's, and then we'll order them. We should have them in stock and ready to go by mid-November. Thanks for everyone's patience!!

Jordan

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
keeping my finger crossed....

·
Registered
886 Posts
FINALLY

We got the sample O2 extensions in, and we have a 6s coming in tomorrow to try them out. We're going to let him run them for a couple days to make sure we don't get any error codes, and then we'll order a big batch. We shouldn't have to wait through the same BS as before. Thanks for being patient guys, and we're sorry its taken this long!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
We just finished installing the O2 sensor extensions in the 6s. He's driving it around a he's going to let us know if he gets a CEL. I'll let you all know as soon as we hear back from him.
Jordan
[/b]

Hey Jordan, tell Josh to bring a set to me in Ohio, since he is coming out here tomorrow. It will save a little on shipping. :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Jordan, tell Josh to bring a set to me in Ohio, since he is coming out here tomorrow. It will save a little on shipping. :D
[/b]
Tell him to bring a 2nd set since he will pass close by Pittsburgh on his way to Cleveland. :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone know how the distribution of the extensions will work? Do we have to contact CP-E directly, or are they just going to send them to anyone who bought the headers?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know how the distribution of the extensions will work? Do we have to contact CP-E directly, or are they just going to send them to anyone who bought the headers?
[/b]

Your best bet would be to contact CPE . They wouldn't know if you already have something in place or you are still in need..(just my guess)..Sorry about starting new post ,,my first post here and I probably woundn't have done that one if it wasnt for Josh and CPE team ,,,,just wanted to help them out with getting the message out !

·
Registered
886 Posts
Anthony and I just got back from SEMA and are sorting things out back here. Josh is on his way back, and he should be here sometime today. The O2 extensions are on top of his to-do list, so when he gets back I'll find out how he plans to distribute the extensions and post details here. Thanks again for being patient guys :thumbup:

Jordan

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
are we there yet? are we there yet??? are we there yet? ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts