Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a place in NY (preferably in Long Island) to mount/balance/install my aftermarket wheels and I thought I would check here first to see if anyone knows of some place that they think is really good. I rather go to a place that is highly recommended then to just pick one out of the yellow pages.

I plan to do the install this weekend so there is still some time. Price really isn't a factor but it would definitely be a plus. I will pay for a nice customer experience as long as they know what they are doing and do a good job. I'm just afraid of them scratching my wheels. The wheels were not cheap and I would like to do this right with no headaches. So, any suggestions?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I am looking for a place in NY (preferably in Long Island) to mount/balance/install my aftermarket wheels and I thought I would check here first to see if anyone knows of some place that they think is really good. I rather go to a place that is highly recommended then to just pick one out of the yellow pages.

I plan to do the install this weekend so there is still some time. Price really isn't a factor but it would definitely be a plus. I will pay for a nice customer experience as long as they know what they are doing and do a good job. I'm just afraid of them scratching my wheels. The wheels were not cheap and I would like to do this right with no headaches. So, any suggestions?
[/b]
Go to Sound Advice in Seaford...they do good work...ask for Jon

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts

[/b]
Speedworld in Babylon is great. Or if you want a little more local, Audio Planet is on Jericho Tpke in Huntington Station. Actually around the corner of my house. That's where I got my wheels :yesnod:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, I used to live right near there kpjimmy, so I know exactly where that is. I will definitely check these places out. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds cool, I'd love to meet you and check out the yellow sub in person:) Looks really good from the pics, man. I like the yellow and black combo you got going. Anyways, I'll let you know this week. Thanks again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, this is starting to get off topic but...Zoom Zoom Live seems like a really cool event. So you can just drive around the courses? free of charge? (I think they should let people do that for a test drive instead of the driving around local traffic stuff) I just might have to rearrange my schedule and take a trip down there. It's probably packed. I would love to drive an RX-8 or Mazdaspeed6 but probably so does everyone else.

Oh and just to keep it somewhat on topic...what did they charge you to mount/balance/install your wheels? And what wheels/tires did you buy from them?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Not sure about the cost if any to zoom zoom live, but I missed last years and they drove around the miata. This year it will be not just the miatas, but the cx-7's and Mazdaspeeds too! Yes be prepared for a butt-load of people. I have signed up for a 1015 am test drive, not sure of what but I dont really care hehe...

Last week I went out and test drove a msp6 just to see how the shifting felt. Even though I didn't stall (yay) it was a blast to drive.

As for the cost of putting the wheels on I think it was 45-50 bux I'm not sure, the wife sweet talked and got on the wheels for free (twice). We got the kyowa gunmetals with the Nankangs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it seems like I am going to Zoom Zoom Live:) Talked a few people into going with me. I guess I am going to have to put the install on hold for next week. I can get that done anytime.

We are planning on being there on Sunday, we haven't decided on the time yet but it will probably be early. Hopefully, everyone will go there on Saturday and no one will be there on Sunday. Shouldn't people be in church anyway?:)

Also, do you mind if I borrow your wife for the install?:) LOL! She is like that girl from Seinfeld who can get anything, just by asking.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be my plan but the people I am going with have to work on Saturday and we kinda wanna go together so Sunday is the only time. In fact 1 of us has to work on Sunday so she is probably going to come with us in the morning and then go to work after. Crazy.

And I'm working on the wife thing, LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts