Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these from the group buy and had some problems with them. They did rust slightly but I've gotten most of it off. A big problem was when I was taking one of the ball joints off, it sheared at a spot where it had rust on the threads, so you'd have to call up NRG and ask for a replacement to that. Also there is no directions but they were useless anyway. Install is pretty self explanatory from the pictures at beginning of group buy. Anyway I'm asking $65 shipped to US. It comes with the two dampers, two hood mounting plates, one ball joint for the fender, one broken ball joint, and four cotter pins. I'll post pics later today.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
show a pic of whats wrong with them

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's pics of the fender ball joints (they were a pain in the ass to get off after it rusted a lil)[attachmentid=12434]
here's the dampers
[attachmentid=12435]
here's a close up of the rust on the head of the damper
[attachmentid=12436]
heres the hood brackets
[attachmentid=12437]
and heres a close up of a lil rust on the edge of the hood bracket
[attachmentid=12438].
$65 shipped is pretty firm, you can probably just call up NRG and ask for a replacement for the one fender ball joint since it snapped at a spot where it rusted. These are $60 less then the normal price of the CF dampers and are $20 less then the GB price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
They may be hard to sell since other members are having issues as well. You may have to cut your losses and lower your price. An unhappy user plus broken hardware= difficult sale.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And if someone gives me a decent offer, then I will consider it. I'm more unhappy that I pushed the GB for a product that alot of people were excited about only to be disappointed by the alignement and rust issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Novs
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing