Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the background, see this thread. http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=751333

Basically, they want me to pay for a new clutch at 18,000 miles :swearin: :swearin: that I have not had problems with before. I have had some noises in the past, but nothing major. Now, the dealer says that the clutch disc is almost completely worn at 18k. This is not acceptable. I have had many other manual transmission cars, some, the car outlasts the clutch. I have never had to replace a clutch, not even on my jeep with a chevy 350 racing motor with 450 hp on a stage 1 clutch. I drove that for 35000 miles before selling it.

The dealer says she will talk to her manager and see if they will cover it. Even if they don't, I will only be paying for parts, as they are already replacing the engine, so it is no extra labor.

Anyone else have this type of experience?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I got my clutch/pressure plate replaced at 28k under warranty.If you have had the clutch shudder problem and its been correctly documented by your service advisor.it shouldnt be a problem to get it covered.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my clutch/pressure plate replaced at 28k under warranty.If you have had the clutch shudder problem and its been correctly documented by your service advisor.it shouldnt be a problem to get it covered.
[/b]
Yeah... It was supposedly documented when it first happened at 8-9k, but I was never given any paperwork. The dealer says they knew nothing about it, it is not in the computer. We will see what happens once the dealer calls me.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Your dealer is screwing you. Alot from the sound of it. Like telling you cuz you got your oil changed somewhere else it might not be covered? WTF? I would just call mazda direct and stop dealing with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

Today I talked to Mazda Customer Relations. I spoke to a very nice gentleman who was very helpful. He called the dealer and researched the issue, and agreed to cover half of the cost of parts, as the labor is already covered. So this means I will be paying about $150 for a new clutch at 18,000 miles to go along with my new motor.

I guess it is better to pay $150 now to get it fixed as opposed to $1k later to have the clutch replaced.

The car should be ready on Friday, and hopefully this is the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts