Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mazdaspeed wheels arrived, but without the center caps. Should I not mount them until I have the caps?
I didn't know if getting dirt and grime in the hub would be harmful or not.

[attachmentid=17533]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I'd say it won't matter. Looking forward to the pics, have we seen a speed with these speed wheels yet?
[/b]

yes we have....

they look fantastic on Fichstix white Speed6!

probably my fav speed6 on the forum!

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,573 Posts
I have those as well :)

I will get some pics up ASAP.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't like 7-spoke in general but they look really good on the car. Now you just need some caps to finish. Can't you use the stock caps?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't like 7-spoke in general but they look really good on the car. Now you just need some caps to finish. Can't you use the stock caps?
[/b]
Yea I don't usually like a 7-spoke wheel either, but I think these go nicely with the car.
the stock caps are too small.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
NICE my Mazdaspeed wheel brutha! I've always wondered how it would look on a MS6 and it turned out very nice! ...good to know if I ever decide to upgrade. ;) Keep 'em clean!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice, mazdaspeed all the way around!!
[/b]

thanks for the compliments. I think they look really good. I've driven past all the local buildings that allow you to see your reflection, and I think it looks more aggresive now.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
My MS wheels are filthy right now, but I did attach a pic so you can see what they look like on Redfire.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
They do look good, too bad they're 25 lbs each. Aren't heavy wheels bad for a turbo'd car?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
thanks for the compliments. I think they look really good. I've driven past all the local buildings that allow you to see your reflection, and I think it looks more aggresive now.
[/b]
LOL, I thought I was the only one that did that! Since nobody but me drives the car, the only way I can see what the wheel looks like while turning is doing just that!

I'm not racing my ride or really concerned with MPG so weight wasn't even a factor when I bought the wheels. I don't need to get anywhere fast, but I like to get there lookin good. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
My mazdaspeed wheels arrived, but without the center caps. Should I not mount them until I have the caps?

[/b]
Actually, the center caps are critcial to the rotational moment of inertia and spinning the wheels at high speed without the cap leads to a power loss of about 5HP per wheel

:) Kidding. THEY LOOK FRIGGIN' AWESOME - Congrats! (I'm jealous, especially since I have my winter steelies on right now!)

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
LOL, I thought I was the only one that did that! Since nobody but me drives the car, the only way I can see what the wheel looks like while turning is doing just that!

I'm not racing my ride or really concerned with MPG so weight wasn't even a factor when I bought the wheels. I don't need to get anywhere fast, but I like to get there lookin good. :)
[/b]
FREAK!!! lol :) I'm jealous because there aren't really any buildings where I can ride past and see my reflection. I have to rely on pictures alone lol :) No one else drives my car either, and hasn't as of yet.

The center caps on mine are carbon fiber and they're really nice looking.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts