Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i pull out of work...and there it is. That annoying click that everyone hates to here. I noticed it when i turn, and get on the throttle, i will feel something loose in the front end. When i get off the gas, and then back on in a turn, i feel it and hear it. So now its time to take it to the dealer and see what they say. Hopefully this is something they have a fix for. Ive had the car for 3 months, and i dont want to go thru this every few months, so i hope there is something that can be done.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Wow, this is the third report on the board in less than a week isn't it? Not looking too good.

·
Registered
213 Posts
another one bites the dust like me..

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Reflash or no?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Reflash or no?
[/b]
What would an ECU reflash have to do with a hardware component failing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
[/b]
There's got to be some kind of sarcasim in there! Still, hard launches or not, knowing that the axels may be fragile is pretty concerning. Hopefully the car doesn't explode when hit from the rear, or is prone to destorying Bridgestone/Firestone Wilderness AT tires.

·
Registered
413 Posts
There's got to be some kind of sarcasim in there! [/b]
I think he's saying that because anytime something goes wrong with the car or someone test drives it and doesn't like it, some fool always has to say "it must not have been reflashed!" . . as if that solves every problem with this car.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
[/b]
Could be an odd torque delivery pattern, which is controlled by the PCM, which is what the recall is for.

·
Registered
979 Posts
oh boy this is not sounding good.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My "guess" would be hard launches... are you guys dumping the clutch a lot?
[/b]
We need an honest answer on this question. If the guys been doing 5k clutch dumps regularly hold on while I go find my surprised face.

·
Registered
940 Posts
DSC off when it happened?

I heard someone else who broke one had it off when it happened. I wonder if DSC on this car retards boost/timing not only to prevent wheel slippage, etc, but perhaps it also prevents excessive torque being sent to the wheels (which may be enough to save axles)?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
213 Posts
For me DSC was off but ill tell you honestly i have 5500 miles and i have probably done 2 or 3 at the most launches at 6k rpm 2 @5k and alot at 4k rpm and under now this is my best recollecting guess but i sually dont launch it past 3500-4000k unless racing or fooling around but that was only a few times. Its funny because if it was gonna go why go on a weak launch that.. and i remember launching and then all the sudden the rear tires sending a shit load of power like never beforeit almost felt like they were reaady to spin or break loose. Crazy. Parts are on backorder till sept. 5th and its all covered under warranty including my new 06 mazda mpv loaner (Yay!~Umm not really) That i cant even drive cuz im not 21 so my mom drives the mpv and i take her jeep

·
Registered
744 Posts
it seems like the people who are "driving hard" and racign arent braking there cars. but the cars that are breaking are not being beat. Kinda odd

·
Registered
440 Posts
For me DSC was off but ill tell you honestly i have 5500 miles and i have probably done 2 or 3 at the most launches at 6k rpm 2 @5k and alot at 4k rpm and under now this is my best recollecting guess but i sually dont launch it past 3500-4000k unless racing or fooling around but that was only a few times. Its funny because if it was gonna go why go on a weak launch that.. and i remember launching and then all the sudden the rear tires sending a shit load of power like never beforeit almost felt like they were reaady to spin or break loose. Crazy. Parts are on backorder till sept. 5th and its all covered under warranty including my new 06 mazda mpv loaner (Yay!~Umm not really) That i cant even drive cuz im not 21 so my mom drives the mpv and i take her jeep
[/b]
2 or 3 launches at 6000??? 6000????? You deserve to have your parts break...that is flat out abuse, the vehicle is not designed to do 6000 RPM launches, period, end of story..

·
Registered
12 Posts
6k launches, WOW!!!! i could not even imagine doing that to my car. but to each, their own. if someone wants to beat THEIR car, i say let them just as long as they are not jepordizing(spelling) someone elses safety.

·
Registered
595 Posts
it seems like the people who are "driving hard" and racign arent braking there cars. but the cars that are breaking are not being beat. Kinda odd
[/b]
the guys launching at 6000 rpms - this is definitely driving hard and beating on the car. Very hard on the drivetrain.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I dont understand why anyone would launch at 6000 rpm. Then complain the car is falling apart. People buy 4WD cars & treat it like FWD cars. Maybe they should just buy a Civic SI. That iVTEC will let them launch at 12,000 rpm to Mars, hehehehe

1 - 20 of 52 Posts