Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
my service advisor drives a mazdaspeed protege, so i'd imagine i'd get a little more support. i've bought three mazdas from this dealer in the past two years, i'd imagine i'd get a little better support.

i can appreciate that the dealer won't do anything if they cannot reproduce the problem, but i have to believe that there is some word floating around to the the dealers from mazda nao regarding the powerloss issue. in my younger days i had a temper, i did really good yesterday, i just smiled and took the keys & left. next time the car has trouble i'm heading straight to the dealer. after holding my car for two days, then saying the couldn't reproduce the problem/problem is in my head i think i've earned head-of-the-line privilages.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I completely understand them not being able to reproduce the problem.
But to tell me that it is all just in my head because I am driving behind slow people seems just a little out of line.

Every time I visit my dealer I mention the powerloss to him, just to make it stick. I'll also ask him if anyone else has been in with the problem or any updates.

I've got a temper at times, but when it comes to something like my car, I treat them with quite a bit of respect because thats how I want them to treat me and my car. When I start getting screwed around, thats where the temper starts to show. As long as they show me customer service I will show them a good customer and give plenty of kudos.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i know what you mean. the temps here have been in the 90's and the car preforms to a lower standard then it did in the cooler 60's a couple of months ago. still, the powerloss is a result of the ECU throwing the car into safe mode, it loses all power.

my dealer has only sold 3 MS6s, all on the same day including me. on another note, one of the others was in the shop yesterday for a tranny swap. i read yesterday that Alan is getting a new tranny also.

·
Registered
856 Posts
my dealer has only sold 3 MS6s, all on the same day including me. on another note, one of the others was in the shop yesterday for a tranny swap. i read yesterday that Alan is getting a new tranny also.
[/b]
Could you tell if both trannys were there?
You might want to inquire as to why that particular car need a new tranny. Other members have reported some issues with 2nd gear also.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i didn't pry too much. the guy that owns the other MS6 works around the corner from me. i'll try to bump into him in the near future. personnally, i don't care what goes wrong on the car under warranty so long as it gets fixed.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts