Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed this today, i punched it in 1st gear to merge quickly into traffic and ran the needle past 6k and the car engine rattled quite a bit.... i noticed after i shifted into 2nd gear that there was a plume of smoke behind me :eek:

is this a sign of bad lifters? :huh:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hard to tell, i know white smoke means coolant and blue smoke means oil... it wasn't 'billowing' so i'll say it was the latter...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Have you checked your oil lately? I'd do that just to make sure the pcv valve isn't busted and sucking oil.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i got a question
i was under the impression u didnt get great gains from the injen+maf customizer
i saw this on ur cardomain
Injen Cold Air Intake, good for an additional 22HP & 24ft/lbs @ 5,100RPM at the wheels!!!

is this true?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ShaDrag@Nov 13 2005, 09:24 PM
Have you checked your oil lately?  I'd do that just to make sure the pcv valve isn't busted and sucking oil.
[snapback]556762[/snapback]​
actually, i checked it after i posted... i'm down about 1 quart in 3k miles :irate:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
.....Why is it that every single time that I read one of these threads I have to run outside and check my oil level?....

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by crossbow@Nov 14 2005, 04:50 AM
Ya sounds like your PCV valve is going.  I'd get that replaced immediately.  Or at least inspect it.  I honestly wouldn't drive the car till its fixed.  More then one engine has died on the forums due to a bad pcv valve.

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=3998
[snapback]556836[/snapback]​
:eek: dang, i need to check that ASAP...

probably gonna get the oil changed today anyways so it will be topped off... how much do the PCV valves cost?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, i added a quart to the crankcase tonight, it could use another 1/2 quart! :swearin:

going to the dealership tomorrow as i can't find any PCV valves at the local AutoZone, plus it should be warranty replaced! :irate:

we may want to sticky this issue, i'm only at 37K miles :tear:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by crossbow@Nov 15 2005, 10:06 AM
Its a CRP on 6tech.  I could repost the CRP here, and ask it to be sticky'd.  CRP's and TSB's and such are also posted on the front page of 6club.  (Linked to 6tech's).
[snapback]558054[/snapback]​
k thanks... i'll keep you guys posted, if this is related to the PCV (as we're thinking) it's probably a good time for eveyone to check their valves!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
8 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing