Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
WTF, you're lucky you even got 15 "good" shots for paying $70. REAL professional photographers charge much much more. Those pictures looks like they were taken on a point and shoot camera. SAD.

:laugh:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Actually i get pictures sent to me for from numerous photographers after racing events that charge way less than what he charged. And you can pick what pictures you want to determine how much you pay(you pay for what pictures you want, not for their time taking them). Most SCCA/NASA or even SpeedVentures events have some sort of photographer floating around that run similar setups. Why pay $ before when you have no assurance the pictures will be decent.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Got home and the CD with the pics of my car on the track finally got here. 53 pics total, only about 15 good ones. For $70 I'm thinking I over paid this photographer! Anyway, I added them to the previous pics online. BTW my friend that had a video camera in his STi still has not uploaded his vids - I'll post a URL as soon as he does.

enjoy

http://picasaweb.google.com/Klash2005/TWS [/b]
you PAID this guy..? ugh! you were robbed. I shoot a fair amount of stuff for SCCA Club events, and am not a "pro" in the sense that I don't make my living off of it, but here's what some better stuff SHOULD look like

http://dennisw.smugmug.com/Sports

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am glad you shared the pictures, I love seeing our car in action. As for the pictures they are not so good. I know you dont want to hear that but I take pictures as a hobby as does my son. Here is a link of the pictures that my 12 year old son took at a local autocross event when I had my focus. Clisk on the 12 July 05 link.

http://www.fun-do-play.com/Autocross/SCCA_...e/SCCA_main.htm

This is from a 12 year old. I cant believe this guy gets paid. The yellow SVT Focus was mine prior to my trade up. Poke around the site there are tons, he got trigger happy at times. I posted everything because you never know what someone will like. Again thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am glad you shared the pictures, I love seeing our car in action. As for the pictures they are not so good. I know you dont want to hear that but I take pictures as a hobby as does my son. Here is a link of the pictures that my 12 year old son took at a local autocross event when I had my focus. Clisk on the 12 July 05 link.

http://www.fun-do-play.com/Autocross/SCCA_...e/SCCA_main.htm

This is from a 12 year old. I cant believe this guy gets paid. The yellow SVT Focus was mine prior to my trade up. Poke around the site there are tons, he got trigger happy at times. I posted everything because you never know what someone will like. Again thanks for sharing.
[/b]
Heh, does your son need a job, most of those look better than the ones I bought :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Heh, does your son need a job, most of those look better than the ones I bought :)
[/b]
Thanks, I will let him know you said that. He is very happy with the pictures. Other than being a bit zoomed out I think they look great. They were shot on a Canon 10d 6.2 MP so the ones that we sold or gave away were cropped and looked great. I had planned to shoot that day but with all the track work and driving I didnt have time so he stood in for me.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Thanks, I will let him know you said that. He is very happy with the pictures. Other than being a bit zoomed out I think they look great. They were shot on a Canon 10d 6.2 MP so the ones that we sold or gave away were cropped and looked great. I had planned to shoot that day but with all the track work and driving I didnt have time so he stood in for me. [/b]
10d is a great camera. I just recently sold mine reluctantly but I needed to recoup some of the expenses of the replacement(s).
The beauty of digital (well, there are several) is that you can be as trigger happy as you wish and it doesn't cost you a fortune in film and print processing. I used to come home from race weekends with 20-30 rolls of film and then had to have it all processed and proofed. The keepers ended up getting scanned and saved as digital images anyway so not only was it expensive but time consuming as well.
Yep, the digital cameras are expensive, but with what I'm saving in film and processing costs, I figure they'll pay for themselves......

....................in about 10 or 11 years :nana:

your son has a great eye, keep encouraging him.!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts