Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sounds like fun!

Boiled after one run though? hmmm..... That's odd.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm beat, been at the track since 6am this morning and just got home from the 2 day DE event. Pics and video coming in the next few days. All I can say is WOW! Too fun!!!!

But switch to racing brake fluid if you're going to do this. I boiled the OEM fluid in my first full speed run at the track. Had to get them bled at the track (125 bucks) and replaced with Motul RBF 600. Slowing from 125 (my top speed on the long straight) to 60 7 laps in a row 4 times a day takes its toll :) But this car car corner at 110, seriously!!!!

I'll post details later, but I can say race driving is more driver than car! I blew away some Porsche Cayman's but got passed by some Miata's!

Loads of fun, but our car it HEAVY....

cheers
[/b]
man it sounds like u had fun. question where did you got? and how did you get in to it ? i interested, but don't know anything about how or where to got to get in to those events. let me know ok :drool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
So the potenzas performed well on track? Other than boiling the brake fluid, how were the brakes? The car should be able to outbrake a corvette.

That must have been a lot of fun. Can't wait to see some pictures.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
How much did this all cost you.. break fluid aside? I'd LOVE to hit the tracks... but the ONLY events i've seen run anywere from 300-1000+ just for ONE day... 300 bucks for a single day and maybe 3-5 trips around the track is just not worth it....

I'd pay 300 for a FULL day of a track to myself...

Then again drag racing costs like 20-30 bucks on average... and thats a simple 1/4 mile strip.. and lots of waiting... when you throw everything required to open the full track up... price shoots way high... (then again i think 20-30 for drag racing is a rip-off in most cases... 200-300 cars x25 bucks = 5000-7500 dollars for a simple quick night of watching cars zip by... so they make good money on that...

ANYWAY... How much did it cost you for the event? How many days.. and runs did you get outta it?

·
Registered
393 Posts
No suspension mods yet, but I did just see that there is a coilover solution listed now on Mazda's site for the MS6 with adjustable damping for $1640. I also saw they have a front and rear sway listed on there now for $420. I might have to be extra good to get Santa (my wife) to allow me to get that for Christmas :)
[/b]
Man, I want to do that!! That sounds like some serious fun! :D

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I think those suspension mods you talked about on the Mazda site aren't for the Speed6. :( Most of the stuff there is for the 6s and 6i. But don't worry! Both RPM and StreetUnit are developing springs. Put them with a set of koni's and you'll be set! If you want a sway bar I think the Whiteline is the only one available.(rear)

I'm going to be dreaming about racing all night now. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
For real, that sounds like lots of fun. I got to look into that. ZOOM ZOOM baby! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm beat, been at the track since 6am this morning and just got home from the 2 day DE event. Pics and video coming in the next few days. All I can say is WOW! Too fun!!!!

But switch to racing brake fluid if you're going to do this. I boiled the OEM fluid in my first full speed run at the track. Had to get them bled at the track (125 bucks) and replaced with Motul RBF 600. Slowing from 125 (my top speed on the long straight) to 60 7 laps in a row 4 times a day takes its toll :) But this car car corner at 110, seriously!!!!

I'll post details later, but I can say race driving is more driver than car! I blew away some Porsche Cayman's but got passed by some Miata's!

Loads of fun, but our car it HEAVY....

cheers
[/b]
No way that beats my weekend. Painting the grout on my kitchen floor to get ready for holiday guests rocks! Sounds excellent. Autocross, track day, autocross, track day, no risk, risk. Tough decision, but heart says track day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts