Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been having serious car infidelities lately. Have been seriously unhappy with my car for about a month now. It still smells like new car on the inside after two years and 6000 miles. It's been the most fun I've had working on this car and hanging out with Joel and Dustin the past couple years. I would have been one of those "only knows how to change the oil" guys without the two of them. Even now, walking out to my garage I love my car, walking out to it in the parking lot, LOVE seeing it. People still constantly ask me what it is, and comment on how good it looks, and then shit when they see it has a turbo. I've done so much work to the car and finally decided I came too far. I spent close to 11k in the after market world and realized that my car should be paid off by now. I paid almost 30k for her brand new, and thought that if I blew my engine, how devastating that could be. I thought back to when a cold air intake and Turbosmart BPV were the coolest things in the world! Upgraded TMIC is SOOOO cool!! I realized I was happy with the simple mods. If I was going to go for HUGE power I should get a track car. This MS6 is too nice for all the things I've done to it. At this point I have no intentions to sell the car, I love it too much. Everyone around me had a heart attack when they heard I was de-modding. Even my neighbor came over to ask what the hell. I've gone SOOO far, and it is sad. At the same time I'll be happy with my cool cruiser. IT's fast enough with the smaller turbo for me. 301HP/352TQ was my last dyno pre-big turbo. GOOD ENOUGH. I'll stick around here, I love the M6club, if it wasn't for these forums I wouldn't have met Joel or Dustin.

/sob story

Here's a 10 minute montage of my car. I made it in like an hour, so keep your movie making skills outta here lol. You'll probably get bored, dyno videos in the middle, auto X video at the end. The sound was blocked due to copyright issues, whatever.

MS6 montage

Oh, a bunch of shit will be for sale, turbo is probably already spoken for.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Bummer.. Joel, and now you!?!? Lol, is D.J. next?? Haha.

You gettin rid of the AP my friend?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Fuck no i'm not next hahahaha.

Now that i've tasted the power, i won't live without it. Just gonna build to make sure it's reliable. Plus i'm way to intrigued with this supposed "wall" in our ecu, and have a ton of theories to try out. Never knew i was such a fan of puzzles, but i guess i am.

But to be honest, it'll feel good to be 'done'.. at least with this car. Then i can focus on wedding and work for a while. And pick up a track car down the road.

I completely understand your feelings Matt. It feels real questionable to push a car you owe on so hard, and would be very expensive to see it blow up. I faced the same question but made the opposite decision and decided to build. I'll just be bummed in a few years when we start seeing a ton of stock blocks handling 400whp with no issues haha. Time will tell, but i'm not a gambling man and i don't want to find out. I'm also stoked your not selling, and to be honest, with the k04 and quick spool, you'll prob beat me in auto-x every time now lol.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
:70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70: :70:
THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

I have too much emotion!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I completely understand. Had her fully bolted in the summer of 07 with shiny new gt28 sitting on the shelf when I DID blow my motor at a road course event.

I was fortunate enough to get my motor replaced. When I got it back I sold off a buch of the stuff and demodded to it's current level. It'll only hurt at first and I'm very happy with it as a DD and have the added piece of mind of increased reliability and not worrying about blowing the motor.

I picked up a focus SVT to gut and turbo charge and turn into a full blown no compromise track car.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have too much emotion![/b]
Psh you, I was telling Dustin that I went and test drove an EVO X. I would have upped my payments like $10 while restarting a new loan, but man. MS6 WAAAAY > than and EVO X. I love my MS6 and just driving another car made me fell like I cheated on my g/f while she watched. It was killing me having that BT on though. Made me sad to take off all the cool shit, but even happier to have her running like she used to with the K04. Everything still looks good in the engine bay still too.

Today is a good day.

BTW AP stays rainmen haha. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'd be interested in those led tails if you decide to sell those.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Matt, you arrived to the exact same sentiments I did a few months back. I mean, exactly. Well...save for the unadulterated love. It's more love/hate for me.
Anyway, I'm in the process of demodding mine, but in no hurry because it rarely gets driven.

And Lance, you're buying my AP! Lay off!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
QUOTE (IHeartGroceries @ Feb 3 2010, 03:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634604
Matt, you arrived to the exact same sentiments I did a few months back. I mean, exactly. Well...save for the unadulterated love. It's more love/hate for me.
Anyway, I'm in the process of demodding mine, but in no hurry because it rarely gets driven.

And Lance, you're buying my AP! Lay off![/b]
Dude, you've barely touched the mod machine.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Greg, I had a pg k04 and PAYED for a turbo mani. Tbe intentions were there. But, for me, it's a little more drastic. I just wish I'd never modded. I bought the car because it was nice, quiet and refined. I fell in love with FI and lost sight along the way. I think the real, major problem is here I've lost interest in automobiles and gained interest in firearms. LOL!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
QUOTE (IHeartGroceries @ Feb 3 2010, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634612
Greg, I had a pg k04 and PAID for a turbo mani. Tbe intentions were there. But, for me, it's a little more drastic. I just wish I'd never modded. I bought the car because it was nice, quiet and refined. I fell in love with FI and lost sight along the way. I think the real, major problem is here I've lost interest in automobiles and gained interest in firearms. LOL!![/b]

sorry but i had to.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
QUOTE (dane145 @ Feb 3 2010, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634620
sorry but i had to.[/b]
LOL!!! It's cool. I consider it a favor. I get excited tapping away on my phone. But, it doesn't change the fact those fuckers' at Medieval need their heads on a stick.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I understand completely. I came to the same conclusion a few weeks ago, and started de-modding. Now my MS-6 is my winter car and long trip GT car. I'm not sure if I'll sell my accumulated mod parts, I'm thinking of keeping them and in a few years making the MS6 a dedicated wheel to wheel racing track car. However I can't find any wheel to wheel racing classes where it will be competitive, so that may not happen. It might be fun to try anyway, I'm 1/2 way there with the mod parts. So it's possible I will sell it and get a rig that can serve as both winter transportation and tow vehicle for my new AutoX-HPDE-Hillclimb-TT car. I bought a Z06! I can't see wheel to wheel in the Z06 anytime soon, so I'm not sure how I will fill the wheel to wheel itch.

And I still love my MS6! It's a great winter car in the mountains.

Is there anyone here who has converted a MS6 to a dedicated track car yet?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've been in your situation ever since I've owned my MS6 for the past year.

My car is extremely stock, apart from some bits to enhance reliability.

I'm still on the fence whether or not to drop near $2k on it, and track it this summer. I guess once I get my tax return back, I'll decide to track it. lol

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (IHeartGroceries @ Feb 3 2010, 04:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634604

And Lance, you're buying my AP! Lay off![/b]

LMAO, you never PM'ed me back!!!

EDIT- And i must say thank you to all the members who have paved the way (*cough realizing what they got themselves into and wishing they never took it so far) and shown me to MOD THIS CAR LIGHTLY, lol. If i would have had this car when i had the 6i, this would have been a monster. THANK YOU BABY JESUS.

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
QUOTE (Rainmens @ Feb 3 2010, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634538
Bummer.. Joel, and now you!?!? Lol, is D.J. next?? Haha.

You gettin rid of the AP my friend?[/b]
Hey I'm not demodding. I'm just get some comfort and DD-ness back in it. I may still go 3071 since I have one waiting for rebuild and have all the parts to do it. After redo-ing the stereo, I can cover up how loud the car is now. I really need to address the PTO leakage more than anything.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
(*cough realizing what they got themselves into and wishing they never took it so far)[/b]
Whoa whoa there cowboy, I never said I regretted anything! I'm glad I took it as far as I did. I made great power on the first car that I ever modded. I wouldn't know anything if it weren't for Joel and Dustin...and my hours upon countless hours of wrenching/bleeding in my engine bay/under the car! I have great conversations about cars now and have a greater respect and understanding of the forced induction world. I'll tell you, this is one of the best forums out there as far as information goes. I may not be as technically informed as my counter part friends, but I sure do know a whole lot more than most people I talk to, which feels great and a good part of that knowledge comes from the forums.

It took me 12 hours to uninstall all the major stuff that I put for sale just now, while that turbo install that I wrote up took about 3 days the first time lol. Oh well. Wish someone would have done a how to before my how to!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts