Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hand out the cigars, my baby has arrived.

My baby in front of my driveway.

A front on view of my 6. Check out the sports grille.

Another angle.

The engine bay. Clean and simple.

Infinite headroom, courtesy of the sunroof.

No it's not an aftermarket rear wing, just opening up the hatch.

The car has predator instincts. It's about to run me over in this picture.
Note, the silhouette is my sister taking it for a joy ride.

Hope you enjoy the picture, like how I enjoy my new 6. Happy driving all you current Mazda 6 owners, and future owners too.

J-Ability

·
Registered
334 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Not Another Yellow Mazda 6'

woah ... nice pics mate (now im thinking of getting yellow too hmmmm) :D
ur from australia too eh? NSW :)

btw.. for the ppl who can not view the pics ...
geocities wont let u do those direct links to view pics .. so i guess we all have to cut and paste the links from here and paste into the browser to view them ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sorry about that. Geocities sucks. :(

If can you recommend another free host server, I will repost the pictures again.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Now that is sweet. I think it's one of the first real photoshoots we've seen the 6 in. A real nice camera. Nice pics of a nice car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My spec,

Mazda 6 Luxury Sport Hatch (Activematic)
+ Factory Sports Grille
+ Solace Tinted Windows (Darkest Legal Tint 35%)
+ Factory Tow Bar (The dealer had to re-order the Tow Bar for the rear sports bumper. Will be installed on 1,000km free service)

All up, on-road cost = AUD$46,400

The digital camera used is a Fujifilm FinePix 2800 Zoom

I have reduce the image size from 1600x1200 to a more manageable size. The camera works a treat.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Nice nice ... all i can say is that ur pics r very natural under bright sunlight.. :)
when did you place your order?
how long did you have to wait for ur car?
and how much discount did u get out of the dealer?

I will be placing my order on early january ... will be the same spec as urs Luxury Sport Hatch (Activematic) with darkest tint and sports grille... :) just have to make up my mind about the colour hehe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I placed my order on the 29 October 2002. The car arrived at the dealership on the 18 November 2002. I could have taken delivery of the vehicle on the 23 November 2002, but I had a delay in my finances. Took delivery on the 30 November 2002. So you can say I only had to wait about 1 month for my Mazda 6.

I called all the Mazda 6 dealership in Sydney. No one was offering any discount, or any throw-ins of any kind. The reason being the Mazda 6 is that popular, they say they don't need to make any incentive discounts or deal. Except for West End Mazda Blacktown. They quoted me AUD$46,000 on road, with free Sports Grille, and free Tow Bar. One of the cheapest quotes from one of the other dealers was for AUD$46,500 and that was nothing else thrown in, not even a car mat. So I think I got pretty good deal from West End Mazda. I added $340 for the Darker Tinted Windows, and $60 for the Premium Registration Plates. All up $46,400 :D

[email protected] if you end up ordering from West End Mazda Blacktown, contact me because I can get referral fee if you order your 6 from them.

Happy haggling.

J-Ability
[email protected]

·
Registered
334 Posts

yeh cos i saw ur onroad cost i was like woah .. this guy got discount .. amazing stuff!!
cos i went around to alot of dealers already .. and as u said ...none of them want to drop the price. The quote i got was $46,766 onroad. Yeh .. it'll be worth getting the discount even if i have to get it from blacktown :D should be around 45~50min drive max .. from my place. im at northshore area. I'll contact u later if they r still that tight when im placing order on january :) thanks mate~

·
Registered
244 Posts

Congratulations on your 6, J!

Nice photos. They really made me miss the sun - haven't seen this fellow for quite a while in here (and the outside temperature is below -10C most of the time - brrrr...:().

·
Registered
464 Posts

your car rocks,
i just found out about the Mazda 6 a few days ago and love it :)

I was considering buying a BMW 3 or Audi A4 but I think I may wait for the 6 hatch to hit the USA next year.

I love your car i want it now! I wonder how much the hatch version will sell for here with the V6 and all the goodies when it comes out. So far they only have the sedan version on their website.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Hi Jability,

They are Awesome Pictures Of your Luxury Sports Hatch, Very Impressed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Activematic Luxury Hatch Sparkling Silver in Colour. I Also have the following :

Tinted Windows
Rear Spolier
Mats.
Headlight & Bonnet Protectors
Paint, Fabric Protection & rust Protection.

Also getting the Sports grille but has to be painted the Sparkling Silver Colour...

I live on The Central Coast near Gosford, so its great theres someone else here on this site who lives relatively close to me too :D :D

Maybe in future we can organise a group of 6 owners together for a photo shoot to place on this site, just an idea anyhow !!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hi guys (and girls);

Thanks for all the compliments.

I'm glad I went with the colour yellow. Still looks good unwashed after a few days of rain and bushfires. Show the lines on the 6 very nice and clearly.

BadBadNeil:
In the city every fifth car is BMW, Audi or Merc. It's nice to be different.
Wait for the hatch. Although the sedan is a spectacular looking in itself, the hatch is like its sexier sister.

RodneyJ:
from your specs, it looks like you got the whole package and then some. mmm... I don't see the bodykit in your list. You got the rear spoiler, and sports grille, but no bodykit. You don't like the bodykit? or you waiting for an aftermarket kit?

Gosford?!? is that the town right next to Whoop-Whoop? :D

There a bonus picture of my automobile.

Better looking ass then J-Lo's

Over and out.

J-Ability

·
Registered
464 Posts

quick question:

In that last pic of your front bumper what is that circle shape in the bumper to the right of the license plate?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That is a cover plate which can be removed to insert the hook used for towing.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Wondered - if you painted the towthingy red and screwed it on :)o) - would it look "racecar" or just plain stupid!? All real racecars (BTCC/DTM ect) have the thing always mounted so they can drag the wrecks of the track easaly.. :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Trust me. IT would look stupid. Your CAR would look stupid. YOU would look stupid...do I make my point?:D

·
Registered
464 Posts

awww just a tow thing, i thought it was some neat james bond thing where a machine gun comes out or something neat.... :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts