Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody plan on making aftermarket axles? I just got my car back wednesday and now today after work i broke the same fucking axle again. Moderate launch, nothing crazy, no wheel hop, no wheel spin, just kaboom. I know Pracing broke his too, anybody else let one go yet? I dont' understand it, I'm not doing anything crazy that should be causing the CV joints to give out like that.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Pics?

You probably have something out of alignment in the rear putting unseen stress and torque on the area.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Honestly, I would suspect that something was not put back together right/tight. That sucks, though. :(

·
Registered
795 Posts
damn , i dont get that !! even my friend yesterday at the races he stripped his diff and while that happened the diff hit the gaz tanks and the exhaust line!! so when he went to the dealer today . he was like i turned the corner and look what happened!! the dealer just said ok live it here come back in 2 weeks to pick it up .

now thats what i call good service

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
damn man, that sucks. supposedly a lot of mazda techs did the same thing when they were testing out the car pre-release.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Anybody plan on making aftermarket axles? I just got my car back wednesday and now today after work i broke the same fucking axle again. Moderate launch, nothing crazy, no wheel hop, no wheel spin, just kaboom. I know Pracing broke his too, anybody else let one go yet? I dont' understand it, I'm not doing anything crazy that should be causing the CV joints to give out like that.
[/b]
Front or rear axle? I can't see the front breaking since is a one-legger in the front.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i wonder what's gonna happen once we start having our cars make some real horsepower. the car has so much torque as it is, imagine adding another 100ft-lbs to that. i think this was discussed way back in the beginning of the year. let me search for the thread.

here you guys go:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry651022

check crossbow's post 1/4 of the way down. the long post with the graph on it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from a different dealer, and found the root of my axle problem... The bracket that holds the rear diff snapped, causing it to sit at a bad angle and snap rear drivers side axles. I can't believe the first dealer didn't notice this, the tech showed me and he was able to move the entire rear diff around with about 6" of travel in both directions. Car will be fixed thursday. This time, i'm sporting a mazda MPV lol, it is a mini van but still better than the ford taurus i had last time.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Just got back from a different dealer, and found the root of my axle problem... The bracket that holds the rear diff snapped, causing it to sit at a bad angle and snap rear drivers side axles. I can't believe the first dealer didn't notice this, the tech showed me and he was able to move the entire rear diff around with about 6" of travel in all both directions. Car will be fixed thursday. This time, i'm sporting a mazda MPV lol, it is a mini van but still better than the ford taurus i had last time.
[/b]
Glad the source of the problem was identified. If this occurs again on another member's car it might be worth stickying, as it could indicate a design flaw or weakness in the bracket. Maybe an opportunity for somebody to design and sell a stronger and better one?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Now that makes sense...

I remember reading about the rear differential bracket breaking after repeated high RPM launches at the MS6 introduction driving event....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just got back from a different dealer, and found the root of my axle problem... The bracket that holds the rear diff snapped, causing it to sit at a bad angle and snap rear drivers side axles. I can't believe the first dealer didn't notice this, the tech showed me and he was able to move the entire rear diff around with about 6" of travel in both directions. Car will be fixed thursday. This time, i'm sporting a mazda MPV lol, it is a mini van but still better than the ford taurus i had last time.
[/b]
lol same exact thing happened to me like the rear diff mount (its on my copy from the r/o if you guys would like me to share that info let me know) or suttn on the drivers side and they gave me a mpv too. LOL... I hope it doesnt happen again for us

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
So that makes 3 of us.

I ahve lowering springs on my car.I hope the dealer doesn't try to come at me with some BS
I rather not have to uninstall and reinstall the springs.

I need to get my pass side rear wheel bearing replaced by this shop who worked on my car a few weeks back. The damn guy wont call me back. Til then I'm not bringing my car into the dealer.

The car can still drive, I just drive it 'normal' If I push it, can hear some pretty loud clunking sounds from the rear of the car (driver side).

So you had to replace the diff bracket and the outside cv axle joint?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So that makes 3 of us.

I ahve lowering springs on my car.I hope the dealer doesn't try to come at me with some BS
I rather not have to uninstall and reinstall the springs.

I need to get my pass side rear wheel bearing replaced by this shop who worked on my car a few weeks back. The damn guy wont call me back. Til then I'm not bringing my car into the dealer.

The car can still drive, I just drive it 'normal' If I push it, can hear some pretty loud clunking sounds from the rear of the car (driver side).

So you had to replace the diff bracket and the outside cv axle joint?
[/b]
the inside cv joint was completely destroyed on my car, the entire axle needs replacing

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE:

The dealer called today, they said it will be a while before I have my car back, the parts are backordered! I wonder how many people have had this problem? Anyways, they are completely replacing my rear differential (the holes the bolts go in are stripped out), the bracket that holds the rear differential up (it was cracked in half), and the drivers side axle (shattered). Looks like i'll be pimpin the mini van for another week or two atleast

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ok count me in for rear drivers side axle breakage...... I posted about supporting another broke axle thread. Got fixed in a week. hada a smelly mazda 3 from enterprise while i waited

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
well i'm new, and i realize this is a pretty old thread, but this problem has happed to me... nos tjust once but twice....first, they covered it under warranty, and seccond time....i had to pay a $1,000 approx. And on top of that, the car was there for about a month, and while it was there it got a few scratches on the rear bumber (which they fixed for no charge) and it had gained so much dirt, that my smooth surface of the paint faded away!.... so i'm f*cked!

·
Registered
967 Posts
well i'm new, and i realize this is a pretty old thread, but this problem has happed to me... nos tjust once but twice....first, they covered it under warranty, and seccond time....i had to pay a $1,000 approx. And on top of that, the car was there for about a month, and while it was there it got a few scratches on the rear bumber (which they fixed for no charge) and it had gained so much dirt, that my smooth surface of the paint faded away!.... so i'm f*cked!
[/b]
You PAID for the second fix?!! :huh: I don't understand about your paint fading either. Perhaps a wax is in order?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts