Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently moved to the bay area... living in an appartment for the time being.. and I have a DP to install (as well as a few other minor things like light bulbs.. and such...

Can't jack my vehicle up in my covered car port (and wouldn't really want too)...

Anyway, i'm looking for someone in the north bay area.. (or bay area... ) Who's got a driveway they'd be willing to let me use for a few hours... Just need to jack my speed6 up... bolt that bitch on... test drive it... And.. thats about it... shouldn't take more than a few hours total... Never done it... but is a pretty easy install...

P.S. I hate how we have a single forum for the entire state of california... Which is long enough to be like 3 states almost... I see a meet posted and get my hopes up.. only to realize its in SD.. which is like 8+ hours away...

·
Registered
364 Posts
pm me...you're welcome to come down to the peninsula to my house. I have everything you would need.

10 minutes south of SF airport.

I'll have a dp shortly as well to install.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
if you want...you can do it in my place. I have jacks and air tools.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ROFL.. air-tools... YOU WIN!!! I'll PM you all... In case you don't visit this post again... But if you can maybe give me a time-frame you'd be around? I need to see to do it... so has to be sometime after like.. 7am... and probably before 3pm... to give me enough time...

LoL.. as for "DP Install Meet"... Would be fun.. but the location isn't my place.. plus this is pretty last minute...

But! If the people who are giving me the space to work... are down.. i'm sure anyone could stop by and watch... see it in action...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
PM'ed you

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
just fyi, atc5 has airtools as well. migueloo is a good guy to have help you out since he carries around every tool known to man in his trunk. im interested in helping or watching this get done as we will be installing one on atc5's car in the near future.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Humm... Well one (Migueloo) is a LOT closer than the other to me... However ATC5 sounds like he's got a speed6... and will be installing the same DP sometime after me... So having him see it done.. and working with any issues I might have will benefit us both probably....

Maybe... All 3... Migueloo, ATC5, and Ryceboi... can meet up at whichever address is best / best time... and decide that way?

ATC was thinking saturday around 9... and Migueloo said thurs at 2... or anytime friday... So... Not sure if either of them have the same free time... I guess I should find out if Migueloo was just bein nice tryin to help or really wants to see the work like Ryceboi?

Post up guys... I'm excited to get my DP installed... but i'd be that much better to have more people around to see / help / enjoy it with =) MINI MEET! I'll even order pizza or whatever in return for da space/toolage

I personally have a mini-jack + tools.. but easier not to haul them around if not needed

Again, post up or PM me again see if we can figure out a way everyone can see / be there... and which address is best =) I'll PM you 2 back if I don't see any responses here in a bit.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
you make the call pxtreme. most of us have work on the weekdays, so saturday would probably be best for the rest of us. but im available on friday to help you out if you plan on doing it at luis' place. but yeah, like i said before, both luis and alan will probably have all the tools you could possibly need.

derrick, u installing a catback?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah... i'm waiting to hear back from them. Or i'll PM them tomorrow morning... This weekend is probably the best for everyone, including myself... self-employed and work at home... however i'm sure there are other things I could be doing... other than working on my car the rest of this week...

So... Once I hear back from those 2... ATC = Luis?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
well....whichever day works for me.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hummm ATC hasn't been online or seen this thread since his last post... Sounds like more benefit for all to do it at his place this saturday... after 9am...

I'll PM i guess and see whats up... Dluxxx, ryceboi, migueloo... any or all of you want to stop by and help / watch? If so I'll run it by him and make sure there aren't any problems with that...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Where is ATC located? I don't have my car right now, so if its too far...i'm out.

·
Registered
544 Posts
What do you mean that you dont have ur car !!!

YOU HAVE A RENTAL !! drive it, like u stole it !

·
Registered
364 Posts
sat at 9am at my place works.

pm me if you need my address to meet up.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Heh... Yeah Saturday 9am is the plan! Those of you who know em.. or want to watch / help... PM da-man and BEG to be a part of the Speed6 revolution! Heh.. j/k

I'm driving from north-bay ... about 49 miles.. not "terrible" specially for DP install that I can't do at my own shit appartment...

Clear sidemarkers supposed to arrive today as well so I can get those bitches in... I'm pretty sure the bulbs require you to remove the bumper (and I have clear bulbs in the mail somewhere) if they don't arrive by saturday thats gonna suck...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts