Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I live in the Evergreen area of San Jose and I am considering buying the CP-E MAFci CAI for my '05 6s. However, I am hesitant to purchase one before hearing it in person. Is there anyone in the area with a 6s that has the MAFci installed and would be kind enough to show off / demo their car for me? A car with just the MAFci and no other exhaust system upgrades would be ideal.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
hmm...there are a couple of guys that have the cpe intake, but with aftermarket exhausts too.

dluxx has the intake, but with exhaust...and he's from milpitas.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response everyone, I appreciate it.

hyphy6: Your setup sounds ideal, but Fairfield is a bit out of the way. Thanks anyway though.

dluxxx: I can live with hearing the intake + exhaust combo... beggars can't be choosers after all. Saturday mornings / afternoons are good for me, or weekdays after 7pm or so. Let me know when you have time and I will gladly take you up on your offer. My 6 is Steel Gray, btw.

·
Registered
344 Posts
how lucky, i have a atx and i live in evergreen also just cp-e and i also have the engine mount.

Also next week my cp-e headers are going on so if u want to hear just the cp-e intake then lets do this before next thrusday.

·
Registered
427 Posts
you have a automatic so i may sound different if he's looking for a MTX.

Come to the Reno Meet.
I believe RenoM6 has a stock car with CPE.
[/b]

Sorry Hoosteen, not anymore. I've got Eibachs and Magnaflow exhaust in addition to my CP-E. :( or is it :) instead? :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
how lucky, i have a atx and i live in evergreen also just cp-e and i also have the engine mount.

Also next week my cp-e headers are going on so if u want to hear just the cp-e intake then lets do this before next thrusday.
[/b]
i wanna hear ur setup w/ the headers..... let me know when u get the headers.....i wanna hear it...take a ride....and maybe race...hahah jp.... but we should do a meet or something for the bay area people....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[/b]

Wow, yeah, that sounds perfect. I have MTX but I'm mostly interested in finding out if it's TOO loud or if there's drone, etc, so I don't think the ATX/MTX difference should matter too much. What times are good for you? Sometime this Saturday would be great for me if you have some time to spare then.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i wanna hear ur setup w/ the headers..... let me know when u get the headers.....i wanna hear it...take a ride....and maybe race...hahah jp.... but we should do a meet or something for the bay area people....
[/b]
Derick that sounds good i'll let u hear and take u for a ride, it should be done in around 2 weeks

Wow, yeah, that sounds perfect. I have MTX but I'm mostly interested in finding out if it's TOO loud or if there's drone, etc, so I don't think the ATX/MTX difference should matter too much. What times are good for you? Sometime this Saturday would be great for me if you have some time to spare then.
[/b]
i dunno about this saturday but PM me your number and i will call you. For this sarturday my bro's coming down and also like hella other family too, hes bring his 350z down cant wait for that only wish i had my headers installed. but ill let u know cool. and how about tomm im free until 3

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
i'm going to cupertino tomorrow....lets met up...lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Derick that sounds good i'll let u hear and take u for a ride, it should be done in around 2 weeks

i dunno about this saturday but PM me your number and i will call you. For this sarturday my bro's coming down and also like hella other family too, hes bring his 350z down cant wait for that only wish i had my headers installed. but ill let u know cool. and how about tomm im free until 3
[/b]
I don't get home from work till about 7pm, so I can't make it before 3. I'll PM you my number though.

My schedule for the next few days is:

Sat - Free until 6pm
Sun - Kinda busy but could probably make time before 2pm
Mon - Wed: Work until 7pm, but I could work from home on either Tue or Wed in which case I would be free to meet anytime that day

·
Registered
344 Posts
cool lets meet up this saturday then, i have a work meeting until 12 so after that im free

and derick i have ur number dont worry i will hit you up when i get it installed, btw getting it installed Tuseday

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for demoing the intake for me, mk. Hearing it has totally convinced me to buy one. It sounds great when you're heavy on the pedal but it's pretty much invisible during normal driving -- that's exactly what I was looking for.

In fact, I just got done ordering it from cp-e so it should be in my car pretty soon. mk, contact cp-e for your commission :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks again for demoing the intake for me, mk. Hearing it has totally convinced me to buy one. It sounds great when you're heavy on the pedal but it's pretty much invisible during normal driving -- that's exactly what I was looking for.

In fact, I just got done ordering it from cp-e so it should be in my car pretty soon. mk, contact cp-e for your commission :D
[/b]
No problem glad i could help out, but are you serious about the commission part ? that would be pretty tight

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem glad i could help out, but are you serious about the commission part ? that would be pretty tight
[/b]
Haha, I wish it were true. I would be posing cp-e flyers around the neighborhood if it were.

·
Registered
344 Posts
awww when did u guys meet up....i wanted to come...ohh well...maybe when mk gets his headers...=D...let me know....
[/b]
im getting them installed tomm, cant waitttt to test it out once there on

oh yeah i'll call you sometime this week when im free.

Haha, I wish it were true. I would be posing cp-e flyers around the neighborhood if it were.
[/b]
yeah only if it was,

btw when u getting ur intake

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
7 Participants
mK 6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing