Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a ms6 2006 that has 195k on odo all stock, runs well, I can still feel the power. Everything works fine for now!!! No leaks, no clunking. I鈥檓 worried it might surprise me in the future. I want to keep this car becase look so badass For me馃榾 plan to modify soon, but internal checkup for now. As you guys veterans in this ground, do you have any advice/tips what should I do first? I鈥檓 planning to bring my car to local shop for overall checkups. Do you think is that a good idea? Feel free to comment.
Ps. Sorry for my bad grammar. I鈥檓 ESL and noob about cars.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

If you've genuinely got a speed6 that's still running well, I suggest you spend some time reading the stickies in this section Mazdaspeed6 since they've got a ton of information. Unfortunately, many of our speed6 owners have either vacated the forum for MazdaSpeedForum or sold their cars.

Registered
Congrats on the Speed! A checkup is a good idea, especially a compression test to see what the health of the engine is before you start with any mods. I have one with a little more miles than you and it's still going strong, although I have no intentions of doing any power mods to it on an engine with this many miles. Also, get them to check the engine and differential mounts, those are weak points on this car.

If you do go the mod route, just remember that the number one killer of these cars these days is bad tunes and not getting enough fuel.The stock high pressure fuel pump can't handle much more than stock boost levels, so an upgrade is the first thing that needs to be done. Also, when you start adding on go fast parts you'll need to get it tuned. Putting on an intake and exhaust without the HPFP and tune is the number one recipe for engine death in this car.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! So is it an actual Mazdaspeed 6? They are super fun but do require a bit more regular care and feeding. Report back and we can suggest a few things for you to check.
Yes, I鈥檓 the 3rd owner. Super fun to drive. Plan to bring to the shop this weekend.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum!

If you've genuinely got a speed6 that's still running well, I suggest you spend some time reading the stickies in this section Mazdaspeed6 since they've got a ton of information. Unfortunately, many of our speed6 owners have either vacated the forum for MazdaSpeedForum or sold their cars.
Yeah, I really wanted to know everything so it stay longer. I can still feel the power and super fun to drive

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the Speed! A checkup is a good idea, especially a compression test to see what the health of the engine is before you start with any mods. I have one with a little more miles than you and it's still going strong, although I have no intentions of doing any power mods to it on an engine with this many miles. Also, get them to check the engine and differential mounts, those are weak points on this car.

If you do go the mod route, just remember that the number one killer of these cars these days is bad tunes and not getting enough fuel.The stock high pressure fuel pump can't handle much more than stock boost levels, so an upgrade is the first thing that needs to be done. Also, when you start adding on go fast parts you'll need to get it tuned. Putting on an intake and exhaust without the HPFP and tune is the number one recipe for engine death in this car.
Noted man. Thanks for that. Yes the first thing i do is check all the internal if there鈥檚 a damage, so I could fix.Do you think still worth it to spend money to look good and fast to this car? Is it hard to find parts ?

Registered
Well I think it depends on your goals. If you want to drive it as is or do some mild power gains you're in for a good time, just make sure it's mechanically sound first and read up on the various guides available on the internet. There's a right way to do it and a very, very wrong way. Personally, I'm happy with stock power levels, a tune, and slightly upgraded suspension.

If you want it to be super powerful, I'd go straight to rebuilt engine with stronger internals before I tried to squeeze 400 HP out of a 14 year old motor.

Registered
I bought a ms6 2006 that has 195k on odo all stock, runs well, I can still feel the power. Everything works fine for now!!! No leaks, no clunking. I鈥檓 worried it might surprise me in the future. I want to keep this car becase look so badass For me馃榾 plan to modify soon, but internal checkup for now. As you guys veterans in this ground, do you have any advice/tips what should I do first? I鈥檓 planning to bring my car to local shop for overall checkups. Do you think is that a good idea? Feel free to comment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts