Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think this summer, I'm going to revamp my car stereo. I'm starting to dislike the stock non-bose I've got. Here's what I've decided on:

Boston Acoustics SL60

Hifonics TXI6406 Amp

Some sort of LOC

I already have a small Polk 10" sub in a sealed box that I'll be using as well.

I've owned Bostons in the past and loved 'em, and I've heard good things about Hifonics amps. Anyway, I need someone to walk me through the wiring process. I have a limited knowledge of car stereo workings, but this goes beyond anything I've done before. So here's what I've got:

I know how to run the power, remote and ground, duh. But I'm confused as to how I should wire everything through the amp and LOC. Do I need a 4 channel LOC? Basically, can someone tell me how I should wire up everything? For example, here's what I THINK I need to do:

Wire the LOC to the speaker channel wires behind the head unit. Should it be wired to the fronts, rears, both? I've never used a LOC before. Then the RCAs go from the LOC to the amp. Then, wires from channels 1 & 2 on the amp, run the wires back up to the front of the car and into the component controller box thing on the new speakers, right? Then bridge channels 3 & 4 and run that into the sub, correct? Is that it? I'm confused :D Please someone help me out!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help, anyone?

Okay, so I've done some more reading, and it seems that the rear speakers have a wierd frequency or something, so I should probably not use that signal for anything right? So here's what I've got so far:

Use a 4 channel LOC and simply wire it only to the front two channels at the head unit. Then run one pair of RCA's to channels 1 & 2 on the amp for the new front component speakers, then run another pair of RCA's to channels 3 & 4 on the amp for the subwoofer. Will that work?

Actually, can I just get a 2 channel LOC and use RCA splitters to achieve the same results? Am I totally wrong on all this?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sounds like you have a good handle on how to do it. I would just go with the one set of RCA's and split it at the rear if you have to. The only thing I would do different is I would run the wires into the component crossovers instead of the component controller thingy :D

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i guess daverulz will tell u more about car audio !! lol

but here's what i know, just take all the signals from the front channel and you'll get clearer sounds (that's what the JL's rep said when he tested CleanSweep on our 6)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
t_mo_t
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing