Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just picked up a 2006 s and am loving it so far. I had to discover the reset the power windows trick already. I'm currently looking for decent though not overly expensive seat covers (beige interior), tint for the windows and I need to replace the trim on the bottom outside of the windows as it is cracking and splitting.

After that a K&N or other filter / intake will be requisite!

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (jon8christine @ Feb 22 2010, 11:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638735
Hi everyone,

Just picked up a 2006 s and am loving it so far. I had to discover the reset the power windows trick already. I'm currently looking for decent though not overly expensive seat covers (beige interior), tint for the windows and I need to replace the trim on the bottom outside of the windows as it is cracking and splitting.

After that a K&N or other filter / intake will be requisite![/b]
Welcome to the club! I picked up my '07S ATX in early Dec. of last year and really dig it. I would side against getting the K&N air filter, as I put one in mine and it has made no noticeable difference. Id opt for either a short ram or a CAI. Beware though, as if you sitck around here too long you'll start to believe that these 6's are the biggest POS cars ever made! You will have pre-cat and tranny failures!!!! :sarc: So be forewarned! :nana: Oh yeah, and all the front end components are garbage too!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
440 Posts
welcome, welcome, welcome. Enjoy the 6, we all know you will,lol

B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I think I'll go with the K&N box filter if not for any performance or mileage reasons (though I get about 0.9 mpg better with it in my Pilot), but it saves money over time by not buying filters. Also need a synthetic oil change (1.4 mpg better on the Pilot with that change).

For now I need to tint the windows (anyone ever done that themselves)? Recommend it or not?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I think I'll go with the K&N box filter if not for any performance or mileage reasons (though I get about 0.9 mpg better with it in my Pilot), but it saves money over time by not buying filters. Also need a synthetic oil change (1.4 mpg better on the Pilot with that change).

For now I need to tint the windows (anyone ever done that themselves)? Recommend it or not?

if your going to do it yourself use distilled water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts