Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum! I just traded in my '06 RX8 Sport to a '06 MS6 GT (01/06 build date). Though I loved the RX8, tranny problems @ 9000k (leaking transmission tail shaft seal 2x's) and the unremoveable smell of gear oil in the cabin was enough for me. I took a hit on the trade but I don't reget what I did. The comparison between the two cars is like comparing apples to oranges but the MS6 is an awesome car.

Coming from an RX8 I'm well aware of the issues that surround recalls and reflashes. My dealer sold me the MS6 without performing the "emission" recall and since it's illegal to sell a new vehicle without performing the neccesary work, they called me back and had me schedule an appointment :tear: .

I read all 12 pages of the recall thread and I know my car will feel different when completed. I went through this same situation with my RX8 when the engine recall was done and I lost what little torque was there when they reflashed the car.

I have lots of catching up to do but I wanted to thank the forum members for all of the great information about the Mazda6.

Late8

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

MS6= :love:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Sacramento is pretty well represented around here, in Land Park myself. Lots of local members are active. Hope you like the car as time goes on. What dealer did you buy it from? Welcome, welcome, welcom.

·
Registered
542 Posts
:welcome9: Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
845 Posts
SAC TOWN IN DA HOUSE!! Welcome to da playas club. Congrats on the new ride most people go from the 6 to the RX-8 but........ Jk

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the car from Senator Mazda. They seem like a good bunch of folks. I hope to see some of you Sac town folks around!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Senator Mazda is a pretty straight forward place to buy a car, they were very nice to me when I was shopping wagons and it's pretty close to where I am at. I ended up at Folsom Imports, but that's another story.

Keep your eyes on the regional board for things going on. I am hoping to get a fender rolling party going in the near future in the area, just need to figure out the logistics of it.

Oh yeah, be kind to steel grey wagons with tint and shark fin antenas. I already know that you can smoke me, but I can carry more beer!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Senator Mazda is a pretty straight forward place to buy a car, they were very nice to me when I was shopping wagons and it's pretty close to where I am at. I ended up at Folsom Imports, but that's another story.

Keep your eyes on the regional board for things going on. I am hoping to get a fender rolling party going in the near future in the area, just need to figure out the logistics of it.

Oh yeah, be kind to steel grey wagons with tint and shark fin antenas. I already know that you can smoke me, but I can carry more beer!
[/b]
Yeah, I'll keep my eye out for the regional boards. A fender rolling party, what a great idea! I just ordered autoexe springs. What timing :D

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'm leaving for work in Louisiana on Tuesday, and I'll be there for four weeks. Be home in early December, we can do it at my house. I have the jack, jack stands, etc. I'll post on the regional board and see if we can put this together for December. Welcome aboard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts