Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems that last down cycle wiped out my previous thread.

I have ordered the fog light kit from www.mazdastuff.com $180 plus $7 shipping. Should be here Thursday or Friday.

DennyA was kind enought to scan a 12 Page fax he had gotten of the install instructions and email it to me. For those interested I have coverted them to a PDF and it can be downloaded HERE Right click and "Save Target As".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Non Sport Fog Lights'

Looking at the instructions, this kit looks like a PITA to install. No wonder its so expensive since it has a new switch assembly. I may try to order only the left and right fog lights without all the other stuff to see what the price would be. I would rather tie the wiring into the low beam lights instead of replacing the whole switch assy. Not sure now if these light will fit the factory sport package or not since it looks like they are only for non sport covers.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Non Sport Fog Lights

Actually I thought it looked simple (for a factory add on). But I would hate to have to pay a dealer to install $$$$$$$.

I like the replacement switch assembly. Keeps it very OEM looking and not add on.

Look at the last page, they specifically say it does not, will not fit the Sport option bumper cover.

Tacking on UPS says it will be here Friday, so I will install it over the weekend and post pictures.

·
Registered
837 Posts

It is kind of funny how North American fog light version available now are only for the NON-Sport bumper version. If you check out JDM version (got to Australia page if you can't read Japanese); their fog light is made for only the Sport bumper version.

I will be getting the fog light kit from Australia in about a month's time. I will let everyone know how it goes. I can't wait to install it on my Sport bumper.

·
Registered
205 Posts

hieppo,

Be careful about installing the lower fog lamps on the Canadian-spec Mazda6 (this his applies for both gfx and non-gfx versions). I've read (I think it was on Edmunds, but could be here); that Canadian versions have a larger tank (I think it was windshield washer tank but not sure) which takes up the space where the lower fog lamps would be. The person who mentioned this said that you'd need to make custom modifications to get the lower fogs to fit.

This is why the Canadian accessories pamphlet does not list the lower fog lamps for either GFX or non-GFX versions.

So look into this more closely before getting the lower fogs.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Yeah, I know about teh washer fluid tank being bigger. I called Mazda Canada and that is what they told me. I was the one to mention it in this forum.

However, I am planning to do some modification if it takes to fit it in. I think a little elbow grease will get it in. If not, I guess I have a set of foglights for the Sport bumper to sell to our neighbour in the States. :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by hieppo

However, I am planning to do some modification if it takes to fit it in.  [/b]
Why not just order a US spec washer bottle? Can't be that much.

·
Registered
837 Posts

That would be my last option if I can't fit the lights. I may pick up a US Spec washer tank. I just go down to the nearest Mazda dealer down in Niagara Falls region and pick it up.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Kit just arrived,

More pics as I install tomorrow.

The lights are CIBIE

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well an update... fogs are in and look great (will post pics as soon as I can find my digital camera). But they aren't working. :(

I can hear the switch energize the the fog relay in the fuse box...no lights. I don't hear the new relay that comes with the kit clicking.

Damn, I hate working without a wiring diagram!! My multimeter was lost in the fire so I will have to go out tonight and get another.

Tomorrow is another day.

·
Registered
298 Posts

hey guys i ordered a set of fog lights, non-mazda brand, i was wondering if they will fit my 6, i measured the "box" where the fog lights go and then i told the measurements to the guy at the accessories store. They said it should fit, but i'm wondering if the 6 comes with holes were i can screw in the bolts...any suggestions/comments?

thanks guys
Elmer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Unless you are going fabricate your own brackets, there is nothing there to bolt to other than the bumper cover. My OEM kit snaps onto the bumber cover just like the standard grill and one screw thru the cover into the upright of the fog mount. (see link to intructions above)

Update, fogs are still not working. Control wires to the new relay from the OEM connector are not getting any power. Fog relay clicks, but no power. Will try to get some help from Mazda South tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

PICS

Sorry, I can't get better photos but it's raining here.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Your pictures look good. Difficult to really tell the sport vs non sport bumper cover unless you have them side by side. As I understand it, the actual hole size in the bumper for the fog light is different between the sport vs non sport. Also, the light switch on the steering column is different since the sports already have factory fog lights installed with-in the headlite assembly. Its odd that Mazda made the cut-out sizes different which required a new part mold to make the cover. If the left and right fog light assembly by itself was offered to fit the sport cover along with a new matching on-off switch to to mount next to the TCS, that would be the ideal kit.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Jay,

Ever get the fogs working?

I figure I need to do them myself. If I pay a dealer to do the install, I might as well just spend the $$$ on an HID kit instead.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Non Sport Fog Lights

They will be this weekend. Just haven't had time in the evenings and with the rain all this week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts