Mazda 6 Forums banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's really not unusual anymore. Las an example most GM cars made in the past decade are the same way with really expensive wiring harnesses. The more fancy electronics manufacturers stuff into car radios the more complicated and expensive it gets to replace the radio.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I suppose my 05 focus spoiled me lol. All I had to do there was swap the radio out and clip some wires together. I have the bose system and I'm happy with the sound. I have a cheap jvc double din, like 150, but still good. Has Bluetooth and USB and everything. I'm thinking about the metra system but I don't know if I can justify a piece of plastic that costs more than my stupid radio! Plus I've read about quality and fitment issues with the metra, and it's supposed to be the best one out there. The eBay is a little cheaper but I've heard it can nerf the display. I've got an 03 6s with automatic climate controls. I may just go with xcarlink.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone please answer this for me.... Im about to spend alot of money to what i hope will fix the problem im having and i dont know if it will work. This 2004 Mazda 6 with bose system was just bought and it didnt have the clock display... plus the radio/CD player doesnt work, or light up. The temperature controls work and the hazads... just not the radio.

I was hoping that replacing the clock should fix the radio... (I had no idea). Turns out thats not the case. I took out the radio and nothing was unplugged and none of the fuses were burnt out... (I check audio fuse by the pedals and under the hood).

Could there be something wrong with the amp causing this? im about to buy a whole new radio... i just hope its not something else cause nothing visible seems to be wrong...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Best way to make sure the radio is bad would be to remove it and measure for power and ground at the harness that plugs into it. A bad amp should result in the radio coming on but no sound output.

181 - 184 of 184 Posts