Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
j/ bougth H11 55w (draw) 80w(out) for fogs & H1 55w (draw) 70w (out) for hi beam,
(both sets of light bulbs are embossed/carved "55w" on them)

wonderin' if anyone have the same set up and happy about it.....
i havn't installed mine yet, but j/ wanna know how do you guys like it...

i had Yellow Fogs/Head/Hi on my previous Protege 5, loved it, but a minor complaint was that
the Headlight isn't bright enough, but i live in Toronto, Street lights are everywhere!

·
Registered
851 Posts
i am.
the highbeams are really really bright and they work pretty good on the fogs.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i thought yellow headlights were illegal, at lesat here in the states? i see them on a lot lexus sedan's around here and personally hate the look.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i thought yellow headlights were illegal, at lesat here in the states? i see them on a lot lexus sedan's around here and personally hate the look.
[/b]
I dont think they are illegal.... MOST older JDM car has yellow fogs instead of white.. but i guess that's the old myth saying that yellow light cut through fog better than whiter light, if you go bluer light, you'll find it hard to see the road during rainy days, cz it reflects to the water droplets to your eyes than yellow light.

If you dont believe this myth (i do believe btw), check for yourself, which one will make your eyes tired? white bulbs or yellowish bulb, probably take into account fluorescent bulbs and normal filament bulbs...

lol.. just IMHO

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i was more talking about yellow headlights not fogs.

·
Registered
851 Posts
blue to the front the vehicle is illegal at least in missouri your state laws may very.

·
Registered
851 Posts
depends on your state laws what colors they deem illegal.

some states you can only have 1 set of aux lights (ie only one set of fogs or driving lights) some it doesn't matter.

what maybe illegal in missouri may not be in florida, and vise versa.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i am.

[/b]
wow, looks pretty good. Might have to get those yellow fogs...except I don't even have them on here in sunny CA. How hard is it to get to them to swap them out? Thanks.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am.

[/b]
that is how exactly my car look (except for the rims, as i'm still runnin' stock)

wow, looks pretty good. Might have to get those yellow fogs...except I don't even have them on here in sunny CA. How hard is it to get to them to swap them out? Thanks.
[/b]
I did the Fogs already, believe me, it's a b*tch.....driver side is ok, but passenger side
was somehow difficult but managable.....took me like 10min top on driver, and +20 min on
passenger side. there is a windshield water bottle in the way so you have to detour around
it and remove/install your bulb. my advice is that you should do some practice
w/ the stock bulb (if that is wat you are removing), practice a few times, when you
are ready, then install the new bulb~ Nevertheless, install the driver side first, get an idea of it.

As for Hi-beam, i didn't install it yet, as the Airbox is blocking the dust cap on the driverside,
once i install my intake, there will be much more room to remove the dust cap......
i didn't bother removing the airbox j/ to swap out the bulb.....since my intake is on it's way...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i've wanted to do the yellow fog lights, but i have integrated fogs and i'm not sure how they would look....anyone got pics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts