Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NokCha's '15 Mazda 6​

Ever since I got her on May 2014, I've fallen in love with this god damn car.
Sure it's not the fastest I've ever driven but it's certainly the most funnest and peppiest car I've ever driven.
The steering, aesthetics, quality, and feel of this car always has me excited to drive it in the morning.

I'm a autodetailing hobbyist and as a result I religiously wash/clay/polish/wax her on a weekly/biweekly basis.
Without further adieu, let me introduce you guys to her :)

Basic Info
2015 White Pearl Mica Mazda 6 Touring with Foglights & Tech package(Sunroof & Bose)
Acquired May 2014
ATX Transmission

Mods

Interior:
Weathertech® mats(Front,back,and trunk)
Panorama II Dashcam + LUKAS LK-290-12/24VT Power Cable *B-type*
4-SMD White LED Map/Dome Lights, Courtesy Lights, Glove comp.

Exterior:
OEM Foglights
OEM Mazda Side visors
8-SMD White LED Trunk/License lights
Vinyl Carbon fiber wrapped Front/Rear license plate frams
35% Full tint(no front)
Plastidipped Foglight accents
Custom dual Magnaflow Muffler
*Credits to @Akira for kindly giving me the part #'s for mufflers.*
Custom fabricated Y-pipe
Dual Aftermarket Exhaust Tips
Stock resonator replaced with Magnaflow glasspack muffler
Corksports SRI
Stock Gloss Black Powdercoated wheels
Aftermarket Fiberglass rear spoiler
HID Headlights Morimoto XB35 H11 5k
3M Gloss Black Roof Vinyl Wrap
Plastidipped Rear Trunk 'Evil M' logo
Rear debadged
Door Lock Covers
Rs-r Sports-i Coilovers
Corksport Rear Swaybar
UltraRacing Front Strut Tower Bar
OrangeVirus Tune

Personal thoughts

-When I removed the stock resonator, I decided to try a straight pipe for kicks.
It was the worst decision I ever made.
The exhaust sounded raspy and buzzy as hell.
I had a nightmare the same night and ordered a Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler at 4am to replace it.
The resulting sound with the combination of my custom exhaust just puts a smile to my face everyday.
It sounds much more refined, deep, and aggressive.

Here is my exhaust setup with a stock resonator.
It sounded decent but I felt it lacked in growl and depth.

Stock Resonator

Here is my exhaust setup with a resonator delete.
You can clearly hear the horrible rasp and airy sound.
At WOT it sounds beautiful but at idle/low speeds I felt like my car was coughing blood.

Resonator Delete

The exhaust setup with the Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler.
It was a lot longer than I expected(que "that's what she said" joke).
I'm slightly concerned because it's so close to the cat but my welder said it shouldn't be a problem(Only time will tell).
My car now sounds sexy >:)

Magnaflow Glasspack Resonator - YouTube

Pics

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the following mods done recently.. Been too busy to update~

Rs-r Sports-i Coilovers
Corksport Rear Swaybar
Ultraracing Front Strut Tower Bar
OrangeVirus Tune

Here's stock suspension height

New height

Ride feels extremely smooth despite being somewhat low. I do have to be careful over speed bumps now as it is much more stiff with the addition of the Corksport Rear SB.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks good man. I may have seen you driving around. How much lower did you go on the rsr coilovers?
I think you might be that one modified black 6 I saw.. If you live in west LA we've probably seen eachother haha.

Honestly I get my suspension work done by a shop so I don't know the exact measurements. I just ask them to give me the most comfortable setting.
The front lip barely clears parking curbs. Wish I could give you more info.

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Nice rims sir, good choice.

Those the OEM calipers? Thinking about doing mine as well when I'm swapping out pads and rotors.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Thanks! Yes the calipers are OEM. I was a bit hesitant at first but with the right wheels, they look gorgeous.
I'm also very hesitant because, as you said, it really takes the right wheels to pull off the red. I'm planning on plasti-dipping one side of the car's calipers sometime soon to see how I feel about them with my wheels. Just wanted to share for anyone else that's on the fence: I've done the research and plasti-dip works fine on brake calipers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The new wheels looks awesome Nokcha! Btw how is the OV tune going with your auto? Big difference?
Thanks!
I'm currently on the e85 mix tune(4gal) and low end acceleration is noticeably faster compared to the normal OV tune. Overall response throughout the band is more responsive but I'm hesitant to say if top speed has increased(at least from what I can tell). As expected though, my mpg has dropped 3-4. It's a fun tune but if you live somewhat far from an e85 I don't personally think it's worth it. This may vary depending on where you live though.

To be fairly honest though I don't really feel a huge difference. Most of the difference is in the low end but its not shock worthy by any means.
Hopefully OV releases the full e85 tune soon!

For those on the fence of caliper painting heres another close-up. It really matches nicely with the rs-r coilovers
I'll try to take more pics over the weekend if possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
B-E-A-UTIFUL!! Just a clean looking car. usually when people try to change up the exterior look of their car, they just ruin the overall beauty of the stock body style. But you kept it clean and simple. i applaud your work!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
B-E-A-UTIFUL!! Just a clean looking car. usually when people try to change up the exterior look of their car, they just ruin the overall beauty of the stock body style. But you kept it clean and simple. i applaud your work!
Much thanks! Going to leave the car alone for a while so that my wallet comes out of its coma.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.