Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car got another problem. There is some "vee..." noise when the engine is just started and not fully warmed up. After it is warmed up, the noise is gone. The noise only happens at stop or low speed. High speed, maybe the engine noise is covering it, it is gone.

Any idea? :goon: Maybe it is not about engine too, I am not sure.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one got any idea? :tear:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Hard to diagnose, but maybe its something that just needs some lubricating. Does it only happen on cold days? I've heard issues with the starter motor, but that's only for the MTX. But maybe some belts or alternator.

My guess (and take it with a grain of salt), is that its not harmful to your engine -- just some auxillary belt or motor that needs lubricating due to the cold.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Spidy. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
If this is a high-pitched noise that fluctuates with engine RPM while cold, my guess would be it's your belts.

I'm at 55K miles, and my car sits outside. When I start it up below freezing temperatures, I hear a whine. The dealer told me that my belts are "grooved," but they should make to 60K, when they will get replaced.

How many miles do you have on your 6?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If this is a high-pitched noise that fluctuates with engine RPM while cold, my guess would be it's your belts.

I'm at 55K miles, and my car sits outside. When I start it up below freezing temperatures, I hear a whine. The dealer told me that my belts are "grooved," but they should make to 60K, when they will get replaced.

How many miles do you have on your 6?
[/b]
I got 30k KM only :(

Now the noise only happens right after i start the car and after a few min like 2 or 3, it will die off. Still have no idea what happened. Everything seems ok. I will let the dealer know during the next service which is just next month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
FATBOY
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing