Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2016 sport recently and it has about 100 miles left on the powertrain warranty.

It drives and shifts fine, but when stopped and shifting sequential through the gears you can hear a noise as you go from one gear to the other (P, R, N, D).

Seems like the noise is more common the first time you do it, but if you keep going through the multiple times the noise isn't as noticeable.

Obviously not a major concern to me, but figured I would just check if anyone else knew if this was normal or if there was any concern?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I would like to suggest to let the dealership check it and see if something is wrong. If they say it's normal, then let them allow you to see a newer car if makes the same sounds as you shift.

Make sure to maximize the remaining 100 miles for the warranty if ever.

By the way, how long have you had the car? Was it like this when you bought it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to suggest to let the dealership check it and see if something is wrong. If they say it's normal, then let them allow you to see a newer car if makes the same sounds as you shift.

Make sure to maximize the remaining 100 miles for the warranty if ever.

By the way, how long have you had the car? Was it like this when you bought it?
I have had the car for a month. I don't know if the noise was there from the beginning. Usually the brake noise when first driving the car overshadows any other noise. When I purchased it I had a dealership inspect it, along with a national chain repair shop, as well as a local transmission shop. All three said there were no issues expect for the brakes that would need to be changed soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts