Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, I recently installed my Raceland coil overs and now that everything has settled in, the springs have developed a rattle. The install instructions didn’t say to reuse the oem rear spring seats (they don’t fit the new springs anyways), I was wondering if anyone knows a fix for this or what size spring seat will fit.
Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
You might be on your own here. I think others have been warned about raceland coilovers and they stayed away from them. While tempting with the price, the quality may or may not be there.

How far off was it from fitting in the oem seats? Maybe modify a piece of rubber sheet as a buffer of some sort. I have a store that sells nothing but all sorts of different rubber with different durometer and thicknesses local to me in town. Maybe look into a local supplier for some sort of dampening solution.

Are you sure it's the seats and not preload? I've read that a common issue with coilovers and making noise is improperly adjusted preloads.

·
Rally Racer
2,066 Posts
Hey y’all, I recently installed my Raceland coil overs and now that everything has settled in, the springs have developed a rattle. The install instructions didn’t say to reuse the oem rear spring seats (they don’t fit the new springs anyways), I was wondering if anyone knows a fix for this or what size spring seat will fit.
Thanks

I recently had to do some custom suspension work and I used a mix of Energy Suspension products. Use this site to help find the perfect fitment.
I also used a coil spring sleeve to help position and isolate my Australian springs.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts