Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a noise over the last few weeks that seemed to be in the area of the front right tire. I thought it was my tires needing to be rotated. The other day I was driving maybe 60 miles per hour and suddenly it sounded like the tire went flat so I pulled over and check the tire and there was no problem with it at all. I turn around to go back home which was about 5 minutes away and as I accelerate above 20 miles per hour the noise starts and is much louder and seems to have moved more towards the middle of the car. It seems like it is underneath or at the bottom of the motor or front part of the car. It only happens when I accelerate over 20 miles per hour. Does anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Could be faulty transaxle (output) half-shaft seal prb. There is a TSB out for that I believe. That TSB refers to a whining / squealing noise I believe.

Can you describe the nature of the sound?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be faulty transaxle (output) half-shaft seal prb. There is a TSB out for that I believe. That TSB refers to a whining / squealing noise I believe.

Sorry. I was offline. Give me a few

I'm sorry for the late response. I had chaos going on yesterday....... The only description I can come up with is the sound of a clothes dryer when the top portion is press down and the barrel rubs against it but as if only one part of the barrel hits it and gets faster the faster the car goes. Kind if like something is hitting in an almost rub-hit. 🤷

1 - 5 of 5 Posts