Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed recently that when I hit any type of bump on the road, there is a rattling noise coming from the dash on the passenger side of my car. It only happens when I hit bumps tho. I'm really not liking this at all. Anybody have this problem? Or can anybody give some input? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Is it like a tapping when you go over bumps? Search for dash locator pin or some combination, its a well known problem. Some foam stuffed around the pin will solve your problem.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So I've noticed recently that when I hit any type of bump on the road, there is a rattling noise coming from the dash on the passenger side of my car. It only happens when I hit bumps tho. I'm really not liking this at all. Anybody have this problem? Or can anybody give some input? Thanks...
[/b]

I have that same problem from time to time, except mine is on the drivers side just below the windshield defroster vent, I solve the problem by turning up my music LOL :drive:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i used to get that rattle but either i dont have it anymore or my exhaust is so loud i dont hear it lol. I do get a crack sound when i hit some bumps rite by the edge of the vents and the windshield dunno exactly what it is.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Juelz8302: there's a dash locator pin on the driver side too, could be that. Or loose change in your change compartment :p

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that same problem from time to time, except mine is on the drivers side just below the windshield defroster vent, I solve the problem by turning up my music LOL :drive:
[/b]
LOL Yeah that's what i've been doing. But when I got my girl in the car I can't have it loud, so then I hear it and it pisses me off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts