Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that recently in my car when I'm trying to parallel park or I'm pulling out of a spot in a parking lot, it gets difficult to turn the wheel, and also when the wheel is turned all the way I get this buzzing noise, rather loud and can easily be heard. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
431 Posts
check power steering fluid.. might be low/out. Other than that, the power steering mechanism itself could have an issue.. Not sure what else can go wrong on this particular car.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Well on the Passat it took over 2 hours because of all the shit you have to take out in order to get to it but I think the 6 is a little more forgiving. Id say give your self a good afternoon w/ atleast 3 hours to give it a go. Its just the mounting bolts, 2 hoses, and a belt.

·
Registered
308 Posts
A couple of the members here are experiencing some whistle, sort of high pitch sound (on and off) and for the life of me I have been trying to narrow it down. How does this relate to your situation?

Well, I almost have strong feelings that Mazda 6i's (not sure about 6s) from 03 to 05 have bad power steering pumps and therefore causing this noise and leading to what you are experiencing.

Do you hear any of those noises mentioned above before you had a loss of power steering or now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
SimonFDR
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing