Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried to leave for work one morning and my 2014 Mazda 6 wouldn’t start, everything appears normal I press the break the light turns green but nothing happens. I jumped from the battery straight to the start solenoid and it fired right up! All the fuses are good and I have power everywhere I should after a few hours I’ve determined that there is no Ground at the switch end of the “Start Relay” I made a jumper for the ground at the relay and can start the car as normal. I’m not sure what the ground is switched through anyone have any ideas? I have not had it hooked to a computer to read it yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you do that? Do you have a picture? Another question, you didn't need to press the brake pedal when you jumped straight to the starter solenoid?
Correct the ignition was on but I didn’t have to press the break, I’ve been starting it all week like this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so after 2 weeks of not being able to conventionally start my vehicle and after doing several test ruling things out without taking my vehicle to the dealership I bought a circuit tracer to trace the ground side of the start relay. The wire on the inside of the fuse box splits Two ways one goes to a circuit board under The steering column and the other goes towards the front of the car. I removed the air intake box to get a better look And then as obvious as can be and there was a broken wire on the harness that goes to the transmission. Must have been ate by a mouse or chipmunk- repaired the broken wire everything works as normal again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts