Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:goon: well after a week of no one being able to give me an answer and after trying everything to get it to work I am returning my Mazdaspeed intake system. You all out here helped me out more than any mazda dealer did. Once again my problem was a CEL and no being able to hold an idle or RPM when coming down from speed. EVERYTHING was checked 7 times for accuracy. Ohh well just tells me to get the CP-E MAFic

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
:goon: well after a week of no one being able to give me an answer and after trying everything to get it to work I am returning my Mazdaspeed intake system. You all out here helped me out more than any mazda dealer did. Once again my problem was a CEL and no being able to hold an idle or RPM when coming down from speed. EVERYTHING was checked 7 times for accuracy. Ohh well just tells me to get the CP-E MAFic
[/b]
Did you reset your ECU after install?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I did twice to no avail. Nothing of this install made sense. You would think engineering would overcome this problem but if what I have seen is true, this nothing more than an AEM intake badged MS.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Did you escalate this to Mazda N. America? I find it interesting that the dealers are unable to support the Mazdaspeed CAI even with the Green Warranty level. Interesting, but I can't say I'm surprised.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually just now received an e mail from Mazda N.america. They said and I quote "Hello Brandon,

Thank you for contacting Mazda North American Operations. I appreciate
the opportunity to respond to you.

Since our office is not technically trained, I recommend contacting
your local authorized Mazda dealer to schedule an appointment. Mazda
relies on the factory-trained technicians at authorized Mazda
dealerships to diagnose and repair concerns that may arise with a Mazda
vehicle. If needed, Each Mazda dealership has access to Mazda's Quality
Assurance Department via a technical hotline. This is offered to each
dealership should they need assistance from Mazda with diagnosing or
repairing a Mazda vehicle.

Again, thank you for contacting Mazda. "

So they basically told me they cant help. Nore would they give me the tech support hotline. And every Mazda dealer in N.Ohio could tell me anything, and yes I did contact MS dealers for questions.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Your 1st mistake was buying the mazdaspeed intake. Sell it and get the CP-E MAFCI. You will not be disapointed. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the MS CAI off and put stock back on and it runs like a top.... It has a 12 month warranty so they took it back no questions asked. Ordered the CP-E MAFci today... bastards lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts