Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have investigated further today as i have been suspecting the vvt unit so i have done a quick bodge,

I took the end off the vvt and cut some rubber to pack out the veins in the actuator so it can't work once out of its locked state and the noise has gone indicating oil starvation,

I have also checked that the oil pressure valve works by applying 12volts and thats fine,

one worry it that when ordering the head gasket for a Mazda 2.3 they sent one for a mondeo 2.0 but looked the same bore size.

The vvt unit is a £700 try and its an expensive if there is no oil to unit.but why no oil???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have sorted it,it was the wrong head gasket i was given one from a 2.0l mondeo but over 2005 Mazda have changed the routing of the oil feed to the vvt and it goes through the head gasket not through the chain cover.now that took some findin ill tell ye.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On a 2.3L non-turbo, I have a 2008 block and a 2005 head (long story)(drilled the oil dipstick hole OK). The problem is no oil to the OCV. The 04-05 passage goes through the timing cover, the 06 and newer goes from the block directly to the head. Is there a fix, or do I have to replace the head?
Thanks in advance for any help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts