Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the my Mazda dealer today to have my wheels repaired and to get a new key made and I saw the sales manger and he said that 2006 Mazda 6 Sport wagon will be discountinued after this year! He could not believe it himself and neither could I. This came form the Hoehn mazda Dealership in Carlsbad, CA.

Hands down it is the best looking wagon out there!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm not surprised as they are not selling well at all. A local dealer here has 2006 Mazda6 Wagons for $16K brand new.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Well, with the C7 and the C9, you know it was only a matter of time! Well, We Proud, We Few, the Mazda 6 wagon owners! We will really be special now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to the my Mazda dealer today to have my wheels repaired and to get a new key made and I saw the sales manger and he said that 2006 Mazda 6 Sport wagon will be discountinued after this year! He could not believe it himself and neither could I. This came form the Hoehn mazda Dealership in Carlsbad, CA.

Hands down it is the best looking wagon out there!
[/b]
I hope this is just the Sport model, and that the Wagon will still be offered ? Mazda does themselves no favors be calling the base model "MAZDA6 s Sport Wagon" and then offering it a
"MAZDA6 s Sport Wagon, Sport Model".

They also offer the Grand Touring model of both of these so you could even get a
"MAZDA6 s Sport Wagon, Grand Sport Model" if your head wasn't already spinning with all that Sport talk.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Could you give me some info about the new wagon that's $16,000 new? That is a no brainer, my wife drives a 2004. For that price, I might have a 06.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The first 6 I drove [test drove] was a wagon because they had no other 6's on the lot [CarMax]. I liked the feel of the car so much I got a new 6i for less that the price of the used wagon.

The only time I knew I was driving a station wagon was when I looked in the rear view mirror.

It was a great ride but I don't see many on the roads in Atlanta.
I'm guessing they did not sell many but I don't know that for a fact.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope this is just the Sport model, and that the Wagon will still be offered ? Mazda does themselves no favors be calling the base model "MAZDA6 s Sport Wagon" and then offering it a
"MAZDA6 s Sport Wagon, Sport Model".

They also offer the Grand Touring model of both of these so you could even get a
"MAZDA6 s Sport Wagon, Grand Sport Model" if your head wasn't already spinning with all that Sport talk.
[/b]

When I spoke with the sales manager he just said "sport wagon" I am assuming the whole line. I definately would check it out if anyone was planning on a 07 model.

The first 6 I drove [test drove] was a wagon because they had no other 6's on the lot [CarMax]. I liked the feel of the car so much I got a new 6i for less that the price of the used wagon.

The only time I knew I was driving a station wagon was when I looked in the rear view mirror.

It was a great ride but I don't see many on the roads in Atlanta.
I'm guessing they did not sell many but I don't know that for a fact.
[/b]

I agree it doesn't seem like your driving a "wagon" only when you exit the car and see the extra window panel.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
They have been advertising it in the paper. When I negotiated for my Mazdaspeed and negotiating the trade of my 2003 6s, the salesman lowballed me and told me that they are seeling them brand new for $16K and showed me the wagon ad ( I was asking $14K for my 6s). I said "so, the wagons aren't selling. That's why their so cheap." He had this look like, WTF..

·
Registered
706 Posts
All of the wagons come with a V6 right? Could you pm me his name and number so I can call the bs on the $16k brand new wagon?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh well, mabye they feel the CX7 will kind of replace it... even though not in the same class.

Ya I think the wagon is the nicest looking wagon out there by FAR!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I bought my 2004 wagon in January 2005 for $17,820 out of the, completely loaded w/ leather, bose, sport package....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man, 6 prices really run the gamut. I paid $14,550 for my '04 wagon in February, and now there's an '04 Wagon selling at a dealer down the street from me for $19,990!

·
Registered
979 Posts
That is really cheap but they are not selling here either.... I am not a fan of them tho, I think the p5 was a better looking wagon. NO offense cuz some of the ones I have seen on here look really good..

·
Registered
517 Posts
Glad I got mine when I did. I tried ordering an '05 last May and was told, "so sorry, it's too late to order." If I had waited until next month to try to get an '06, I'd probably be SOL...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man, 6 prices really run the gamut. I paid $14,550 for my '04 wagon in February, and now there's an '04 Wagon selling at a dealer down the street from me for $19,990!
[/b]
The key here is the tense: it's selling at that price but hasn't sold at that price. I'm willing to bet that the sale price is going to be less than the asking price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The key here is the tense: it's selling at that price but hasn't sold at that price. I'm willing to bet that the sale price is going to be less than the asking price.
[/b]
Not in my case.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
20 Participants
pobody
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing