Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks great on a black 6, but not sure if it would look quite as slick on any other color.
I must say it does look super slick on the black 6 as it blends in with the color of the car. However, I just had the same thing done with 3M Gloss Black on my Red Mazda 6.

I however, spayed my chrome emblems with clear plasti dip which turns it into a matte/aluminium finish.

I love it!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I must say it does look super slick on the black 6 as it blends in with the color of the car. However, I just had the same thing done with 3M Gloss Black on my Red Mazda 6.

I however, spayed my chrome emblems with clear plasti dip which turns it into a matte/aluminium finish.

I love it!! :) :) :)

Do you have a picture of the side straight on? I really want to do this to my 2016 Soul Red Touring and I think your post just pushed me over the edge. Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do you have a picture of the side straight on? I really want to do this to my 2016 Soul Red Touring and I think your post just pushed me over the edge. Thanks!
Will have some pics up for you by tonight!! I think it really works and helps enhance the look of the car. Specially since I powder coated my wheels everything blends in better.

EDIT:

Here are some quick pics I took with my phone. Sorry I haven't had a chance to take any good pics. Will soon though. Hope these help, I think they really blend in very well on the sides of the car since there is the black gloss plastic that surrounds it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to do it. That looks really good. Now to learn how to do it! Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Just noticed this thread and wanted to share a side-by-side comparison that I made when I was considering blacking out the chrome window trim.

I ended up leaving it as it blends well enough with the silver that it looks fine to me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just noticed this thread and wanted to share a side-by-side comparison that I made when I was considering blacking out the chrome window trim.

I ended up leaving it as it blends well enough with the silver that it looks fine to me.
I agree with this. I didn't consider having the chrome blacked out until I had my wheels power coated and noticed that the chrome stood out and didn't blend in. I'm extremely happy with how it turned out and how well it all blends in, but if I still had silver wheels I most probably would have left it stock.

:)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts