Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran out of windshield juice today on the highway with no warning !
Now I could do without some of the idiot lights like seatbelt, gas, lights but not the washer level! You got to be kidding me Mazda ? Someone please tell me that the 6 has one and mine is just not working. :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: No light ?

I have never seen a car with that kind of warning light...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'No light ?'

I must be spoiled then....Had one in my 2001 Chevy 2500 HD. Being a big safety issue (IMO) I thought all the newer cars would have them. They put so much salt on the damn roads around here, you have to carry two gallons to make a two hour trip. Nothing worse then that first swipe across the windshield with no juice. Instant white out !

·
Registered
628 Posts

It would be a great feature to have. Here in Jersey the salt is no better. But when you run out of fluid, its time for the old "Pull over and make a snowball and rub it against your window" cleaning...

:)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well then....besides the 340 ponies and 455 of torque, I guess I'll miss the washer warning light the most.

·
Registered
286 Posts

I have the washer fluid level light in my rx7. Funny that they didnt put it in the 6

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

It would be a great feature to have. Here in Jersey the salt is no better. But when you run out of fluid, its time for the old "Pull over and make a snowball and rub it against your window" cleaning...

:)[/b]
Heh, isn't that the truth? I actually did that this morning. Went to squirt a little washer fluid (which I didn’t know was empty) and instead, my wipers ran across the window, streaking the salt and compensating my vision completely. So I pulled over, got out and threw snow from the top of my car against my window and then threw my wipers on. Another reason why I hate winter...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

I keep like a gallon of windshield washer fluid in my trunk.. Is this a bad idea?[/b]
Better make that two :D

·
Registered
980 Posts

I never knew cars had this feature....
It can get pretty dangerous when the windshield gets whited out...what is that anyways snow, dirt, salt, or a little bit of everything?

·
Registered
322 Posts

I read in the M6 manual that there's a warning light for the water level on the model with washers on the lights, but didn't hear of a warning light for it without... might have to double-check later.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Well I have that warning light and it's working ok.
My car have those washers on lights also.

·
Registered
319 Posts

My 1990 626 has that light.

But now that I think about it, I'm not so sure my 2002 Acura RSX has that light, unless I've just never looked closely at the dash.

Check the manual and let us know.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I also have the warning light on my 6. My old 626 had it also. Both are/were equipped with headlight washers also.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

:( Mazda is really starting to piss me off with the lack of features or options they decided to omit from the US market. WTF...... A light to tell me my low beams are on ?
Please, I think the damn bing, bing, bing, when you open the door is enough. Makes no sense to me, but what do I know.
:bsflag

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: No light ?

Hmm, interesting a few of the American posters say there's no windshield washer fluid light.

Here's a quote from the Canadian Mazda6 brochure. Under Interior Features: Instrument Panel, there are "Warning lights for low windshield washer fluid level, low level fuel, door ajar, check engine, oil pressure, volts, parking brake, high beam, & safety belts". The Canadian models are assembled at the same plant as the American models.

Also, my Mazda 626 from the same assembly plant also has it.

For the Americans here, can you check the owners manual and see what it says?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts