Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a year ago I had to replace my old head unit in my 2005 Mazda6. I decided to put in an aftermarket head unit instead and bought all the approriate things to do so(new faceplate, harness, and headunit). after installing, I realized that there was no hook up for the top display and also no hook up for the ac buttons above the knobs. Talked to numerous places and they all said there's no way to get the display to work with out a factory head unit. Ideas?

·
Registered
522 Posts
What kit did you buy? I know the Metra install kit comes with stuff to hook it up when using an aftermarket deck. Might be able to contact the company and see if you can get just the harness...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit didn't come with anything really. Just the dash plate. I bought it from a car audio shop in my area and they had said their would be no way to hook up the info display. I find this to be false. I'll take pics sometime this week and hopefully you could fill me in on what's missing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Frownfelter, can you send me links to the website you used/which faceplate and wiring harness you bought that worked with your car? I have an 07 and i plan on getting a new head unit and trying to find the right harness and faceplates.

·
Registered
522 Posts
@Frownfelter, can you send me links to the website you used/which faceplate and wiring harness you bought that worked with your car? I have an 07 and i plan on getting a new head unit and trying to find the right harness and faceplates.
Metra has a single din and double din kit for the 6. You can't buy direct from them, but you should be able to find somewhere to buy it on a quick google search.

Here's a link to the 03-05 Single din kit: Amazon.com: Metra 99-7503 Single DIN Specialty Installation Kit for 2003-2005 Mazda 6 -Black: Car Electronics

I'm sure they have the other years and double din as well.

E

·
0 Posts
The kit didn't come with anything really. Just the dash plate. I bought it from a car audio shop in my area and they had said their would be no way to hook up the info display. I find this to be false. I'll take pics sometime this week and hopefully you could fill me in on what's missing?
Hi - wondered if you had sorted this as I am having the same issue. New radio works fine, all a/c working fine but no LED display. Looks like there's no power to it - wondered if it was possible to wire up a cable to take power from elsewhere?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts