Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People. I purchased my 2014 Mazda 6 Touring two days ago after traded in my 2012 Civic Si. I am enjoying this new baby and came up with this issue...
When you press the lock botton on your remote, it first locks the door and when you press the lock button again in 5 seconds, you hear honk to let you know all the doors are locked. Today, I noticed that when I press the lock botton twice, I don't hear any honk. I tried couple of times but no honk. it locks all the doors but no honk. I read owner's manual and it says I can turn off the honk if I want and also could change the honk volume but doesn't tell you how to reactivate the honk sound when you press the lock button twice.... anybody have solution to this??? thanks.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,605 Posts
Double-check to make sure all your doors and your trunk is closed. If anything is ajar, the doors will lock, but the horn will not work.

·
Super Moderator
18,109 Posts
Double-check to make sure all your doors and your trunk is closed. If anything is ajar, the doors will lock, but the horn will not work.
What he said. If anything is ajar it won't honk, even if it's just barely.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Does the new 6 not have the electronic beep anymore with first button press?

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Not to drag up past posts but I have a question. Has anyone looked into how hard it would be to get a beep function when locking instead of a horn. I work swing shifts and leave/arrive at late and early hours. The honk is completely unnecessary.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts