Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
85 Posts
The first question I have is, what do you mean by "no flashing signals"? Where are you expecting the signals to be flashing?

Without much more information (year, transmission, trim level, smart key or not, etc) I would say check the fusebox es (engine bay and cabin fuse boxes) to see if any fuses have blown. Then, let's do some other checks, given some more info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the turn signals only light up and dont flash, hazards do the same. But with this diagnostic, also power door locks don't seem to work. 2006 mazda 6s, 3.0

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow. So what you are saying is that you have two (seemingly) separate problems. But in fact, they are actually related.

Based on what I am reading in the workshop manual, this seems like there is a problem with the flasher unit. The flasher unit seems to control both the turn signal flashing and the door lock system as part of the theft deterrent system. If you think about it, when you lock or unlock the car, the turn signals flash accordingly. The flasher unit is located behind the instrument cluster (Page 938).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's been water on the floor board drivers side, only guess is when it rains it goes through the front window post. Im guessing it has something to do with it. I really appreciate your help.(y)

·
Registered
85 Posts
If your car has a sunroof, that may be the source of the water on the floor. The drains may be clogged, and allowed water to drip and drain wherever else it could. The flasher unit seems to be quite far from the door post and I would think other systems would be affected before the flasher unit would be. Flasher units are usually electromechanical devices that have moving parts inside of them. These mechanical parts can fail due to wear, lubrication, or burning of electrical contacts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts