Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jazzlvrs6...I will absolutely revisit the Mazda6 when the 2015's come out in the Spring. At this point I'm not going to buy a 2014 with a documented major flaw. I also refuse to pay an extra $4000 for a package that I don't want because it includes a sunroof...my only want.

I was an early adopter of XM. I also loved it for the MLB games, being a Red Sox fan. But the promos on the other stations are grating. Plus, ESPN Radio is awful, and so is there other sports programming. As for music, my iPod takes care of all the music I will ever desire. Add Pocket Casts to that, and I get every NPR, tech, CNET, TWIT...really, everything I want. Plus I can listen to WEEI and SportsHub in Boston on Tune-In.
Have you looked at the Buick Verano?
Same price range, SUPER quiet from all fronts, and an auto that isn't a cvt. If you don't use your car to carry kids you won't mind the lack of room in the rear seats. Gas mileage is about 5mpg on average worse, but that translates to only a few hundred a year. Could be a decent tradeoff for the lack of wind noise. (or any noise for that matter) Oh, and the infotainment works.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Have you looked at the Buick Verano?
Same price range, SUPER quiet from all fronts, and an auto that isn't a cvt. If you don't use your car to carry kids you won't mind the lack of room in the rear seats. Gas mileage is about 5mpg on average worse, but that translates to only a few hundred a year. Could be a decent tradeoff for the lack of wind noise. (or any noise for that matter) Oh, and the infotainment works.
That's a pretty good recommendation for him. Buick is my other favorite brand. I have owned two Park Avenues and enjoyed them very much. I would go with the Buick Regal if there's a deal to be had.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been driving my M6 GT for a year now, and, to me, wind noise is only excessive >80 mph. But I don't have anything else to compare it to. And I don't care about the small nav, personally. I just hope for a SW update, like the rest of M6 owners. The only thing I don't like is the crap Bose system... I'll rip it off as soon as I get a chance. For the rest, this is an amazing car, and I'd buy it all over again!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Coming from an 04 G35 coupe, I feel like I'm driving a library now.
Amen to that. Especially a modified G with high flow cats and a Stillen exhaust.

except for Cars for Kids
Oh dear God, I hate those commericals too, they play them all the time on local news radio.

The only thing I don't like is the crap Bose system...
Yeah, I was not crazy about the Bose system in the 6. I don't think it is horrible, but I had one in my G35 and in the '13 Mazda3 and both sounded pretty good. In the 6, it sounds like some punch is missing.

I see how everyone has their preferences and you got to take the good with the bad. No car is perfect.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sound deadening can be added for a few hundred and some of your time. Nav is optional. 2015 Tourings now have a BOSE/Moonroof option that is standalone.

Can't change the automatic to one that isn't goofy on a Altima/Accord!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I rented a Verano. It was decent. But rear legroom is important to me and the Verano has very little room for adults in the backseat. I was originally drawn to the Passat because of its prodigious rear legroom and huge trunk, but I wanted a reliable car with no turbo and dual-clutch transmission. My only choice was their 2.5 litre 5-cylinder with 6-speed slushbox. Then I found the 2015 Mazda6.

Mazda has a hit on their hands. I called my local dealer and asked that he call when the 2015 Mazda6 arrives. Hopefully they will have addressed the wind noise flaw.

As stated before, if the noise in the 2015 is under control, I will hit the button on a blank-on-black Touring with Sunroof and Bose, even though I don't care about the Bose. This car checks all of my boxes with great gas mileage, Mazda reliability, legroom, and pretty nice handling. Plus it looks incredible. For around $25,000, nothing can touch it. I keep my cars for 8-10 years...and have confidence that the Mazda6 will give me years of reliable, enjoyable motoring.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
18 Participants
Zodiac
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing