Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've scoured the web thus far and turned up empty handed on my issue.. I own a 2006 mazdaspeed6. I noticed one day that I was having a really rough idle and I went into the store to grab some thing and back out ( I left it to idle) When I came back it sounded like complete crap and had an engine light. I cut it off and back on and it still sounded like crap. My first though was to check the spark plug, they all seemed extremely dirty. I replaced them and changed my oil. The next time I started the car, Sparks arced where the ignition coils are, and it then would not crank or start. I checked all fuses and none are blown. all relays are clicking related to the starting systems as well. I then proceeded to replace the starter, and ignition coils as well and the battery is fully charged and posts and cables are in good condition. I'm lost, and I really don't want to take this thing to a shop where they will repeat all steps I have already done and charge me for it if anyone has had a similar experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any fault codes? If you don't have a scanner, there are shops that can do it for you.
No fault codes I have a cobb accessport and an OBD reader. infact. My accessport cant even communicate with the PCM at all. Im thinking that there's gotta be a short somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've also since then sent the PCM of for repairs and reinstalled. Still nothing. I towed it to the dealership since i figured it might be the immobilizer but the dealership said it wasn't and that it would take them hours upon hours to find this electrical gremlin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts