Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my errands took me right by the Mazda dealership. So close, in fact, I could almost touch the Miatas (yes, I tried...:sarc ) I slowed down and scrutinized the lot. But alas, there were no '6's to be found. :(

S

·
0 Posts
Replying to Topic 'No '6's here yet'

I just came from my dealer here in Philadelphia, and there were 2 on the lot. The cars had 2 obstacles for me. One were the colors (silver gray, the sports sedan cliche, and black- 2 of my least favorite colors); and they both had the low end wheel covers. Having gotten around them, I must say that I was extremely impressed. Pictures don't do this car justice for me. They seemed more angular and chunky (in a good way); with a touch of Alfa Romeo 156 from the side, especially going towards the rear. With automatic transmission, they cost exactly $20,000. Can't wait to drive one.

Alan

K

·
0 Posts

You must have been by Faulkner Mazda, on Roosevelt(North Philly)? I saw both those
4-cylinders on the lot. I was lucky enough to sit in the demo car, the "nuclear" yellow
six cylinder with the sports package( sorry, didn't test drive any of their cars since they
only stocked automatics). I was impressed by the optitronic cluster (coming from a
person who hates the color red); the seats were comfy, but lacked somewhat in thigh
support, side bolstering was good( I quess they couldn't go too aggressive on the seat
support, given the "size" of americans). For those tall people with sunroof aspirations,
my head was hitting the headliner with the seat straight-up and the seat height all the
way up(hey, when you are 6 ft 3 in (1 m 91 cm); you don't want to sit anywhere near the
floor!). The seat travel was excellent, along with the telescoping steering wheel. Rear seat leg room was generous( even with the front seat all the way back ); the rear seat
seemed to be pitched a little too much, considering their is no headrests, but this won't
be a problem with small adults. I don't seem to recall from the NYC auto show, when
they were asking peoples opinions about the taillights if the red ones stuck-out as much as the production ones do?( I knew Americans would never pick the clear taillights on the
pre-production models they had on display at the show). All this may sound like a slightly negative review, but again I did not test drive the car, and I am impressed with
the overall appearance of the vehichle( minus the "GM-like" side sills, and those bubble-
butted taillights-both easily fixed); the optional equipment available( try and get traction
control and side & curtain air bags on a Camry or an Accord in a five speed stick). I must be somewhat smitten by the car since I drove over 120 miles (200 km) one-way, just to look at the car( ( I knew beforehand that they only had automatics in stock).

·
Registered
5 Posts

They have arrived in the Cincinnati area. Stopped by Kings Auto mall off I-71. They had 3 sitting outside, and I think 1 more inside. Blue, Silver and White - all 3 looked really nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts